Adoption Panel Co-ordinator
Anonymous 13.00 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Government & Defence
Our client has a vacancy for an Adoption Panel Co-ordinator, details as follows:
The post holder will be responsible for the complex role of managing and coordinating the Adoption Panels for all ALS boroughs; ensuring high quality and timeliness and escalating as appropriate to the panel advisor. The purpose of the adoption panel is to assure the quality of the decision making and practice in relation to the assessment and approval of adopters. The panel also assures the matching of children with prospective adopters, approval of concurrent carers and makes suitability decisions of adoption for relinquished babies. The post holder will have particular regard to the following priorities: improving the quality of panel papers through review of feedback to officers more senior than themselves, contribution to the training and support for panel members to ensure they can use the electronic secure workspace (ESW), liaising and inputting data for all nine authorities regarding timescales, producing and securely distributing panel papers, liaising with Panel members and production of high quality minutes, which record the decisions of the Panel. The role requires sensitive communication skills relating to regular contact with external service providers, contractors, consultants and members of the public.
1. To ensure the panel is coordinated across all nine boroughs including input from medical advisors. This requires forward planning and negotiation around agendas, quality assurance of complex and sensitive papers and providing feedback to more senior officers.
2. To provide a comprehensive and confidential service to both the Adoption Panel and ALS service management group with responsibility for delivering tracking outcomes against adoption targets on behalf of the service.
3. To input, gather, collate and analyse data. Manage and maintain the panel booking system with rigour and flexibility to ensure social workers are supported to meet statutory timescales and ensure an annual schedule of meetings and submission dates is produced and coordinated.
4. To produce high quality data reports, and panel agendas, minute of panel meetings to an excellent standard as set out in functions under the Adoption National Minimum Standards 2014.
5. To monitor and maintain panel expenditure in accordance with financial protocols whilst ensuring expenditure is within financial controls in line with council requirements.
6. To develop and maintain the systems and processes for both panels to function in a paperless way, to reduce bureaucracy and business support time, tracking timescales for responses, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times
7. To proactively maintain professional communication as the first point of contact for practice groups, panel chairs and panel members. Communicate and liaise with social workers and managers to ensure all panel requirements are met. Notify social workers, panel members of panel schedules, deadlines and any changes to these.
8. To ensure that the panel advisor and chair are briefed in advance of panel issues. To provide comprehensive support for panel meetings, drafting agenda, booking venue, taking complex confidential minutes. Provide full records of panel business, including any recommendations and being responsible for ensuring minutes are ratified and sent out within national minimum standards.
9. To maintain adopter and children's records, ensuring their Electronic Social Care Record (ESCR) has all information and documentation about the panel and the decision it makes on the day the decision is communicated to the carer. Ensure that all data is entered accurately into the correct fields on ESCR on the same day as any decision is made.
10. To be responsible for supporting and nurturing the functioning of the adoption panel working towards integrated improved panel functioning.
11. To be responsible for the development, maintenance and update of statistical data, records for performance monitoring, government returns and panel annual reports.
12. To be responsible for arrangement, distribution and collation of documents ensuring that they are sent out securely to members. Safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers, panel discussions and panel members' information, ensuring compliance within the Data protection Act.
13. To be responsible for briefing and training, social workers, managers and panel members on the electronic secure workspace (ESW). This will include provide guidance and advice to others both within ALS and across all the member authorities. To be responsible, as the owner for ESW, for securing and distributing documentation. To be responsible for the development, production and embedding across all member authorities of electronic secure workspace policies and procedures.
14. To coordinate and have a role in delivering the induction and ongoing training for new panel members. To be involved in the recruitment and appointment of new panel members. To receive, coordinate and process panel member payments and maintain financial records.
15. To be responsible for maintaining the central list of members, records, confidentiality agreements and ensure that any statutory checks are kept current. Maintain the records of panel members, their terms conditions and terms of appointment and confidentiality agreements.
16. To be responsible for designing and analysing feedback forms, information leaflets, about panel, ensuring feedback is acted upon across ALS and the member authorities. To maintain a professional impression when meeting and liaising with adopters and carers in person.
17. To be responsible, for the panels quoracy and with the panels' administrators for ensuring the smooth and timely running of the panels in different locations. To be responsible for checks on all central list and panel members
18. To ensure that the panel process is completed to the point of decision making and all outcomes are recorded and final versions of minutes and other documents are signed and filed.
19. To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post and grade.
20. The post holder will be responsible for receipt, maintenance, processing, and managing panel member payments and records.
Extensive experience of working as an administrator, preferably in Children's services.
Experience of achieving a range of tasks whilst managing competing priorities
Recent experience of writing reports, complex minutes and correspondence, of a non-standard nature, in a work situation.
Experience of working in a fostering/ adoption setting.
Experience of minute taking, managing information and producing reports and performance data as required
Experience in the use of computerised systems, sufficient to enable the post holder to participate in the use and development of such systems
Experience of developing and managing systems for tracking and monitoring activity and outcomes and meeting deadlinesSKILLS
Highly self-motivated, requiring little instruction and supervision and an ability to act on initiative to organise and prioritise own work responding to changing priorities and deadlines.
Able to deal tactfully and respectfully with a wide range of people
Ability to alert managers to situations of risk or threat to individuals or the organisation
Excellent written and verbal communication skills including minute taking and typing skills of al least 45 WPM. Ability to work with IT packages at a speed commensurate with the responsibilities of the role
High levels of personal skills including confidentiality, tact, diplomacy empathy and sensitivity, and an awareness of the environment the role is operating within
Understanding of how to organise and prioritise own workload.
14. Can demonstrate flexibility and the ability to think creatively to deal with the challenges of finding placements for children
Ability to work effectively as part of a team, engaging and sharing information with colleagues and external partners
Ability to produce accurate reports and management information about panel activity and decision making.If you have the necessary skills and expereince to fulfill this role please submit your CV ASAP