New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Account Executive, Issuer Services
Who we are:
IHS Markit powers the networks that connect capital to ideas. We are a leading global provider of financial services technology, data and analytics, supporting all participants in the capital-raising process, including banks, public and private companies, institutional and individual investors, as well as research, asset management and wealth management firms. Our unique, cross-asset class solutions equip our clients with the information and tools they need for more effective decision-making and a more efficient workflow.
What's in it for you?
We are seeking an Account Executive who will be responsible for working with senior executives (including C-Suite) at Fortune 100, Fortune 500 and Russell 3000 companies across the United States to make sure they understand how we can best support their business through our full complement of products and services offerings. This could also be a work from home opportunity.
The right candidate is a natural leader, adept at building strong relationships and gaining credibility as a trusted advisor. You are thoughtful and engage in getting to know and understand your client's business, strategic goals and how IHS Markit can help maximize their Investor Relations activities.
- Complete ownership of the Corporate Services business across the Northeast
- Manage, retain and upsell key accounts
- Act as the point of contact for clients
- Drive client engagement
- Monitor for the early identification of "at risk" clients
- Organize regular client meetings to discuss client needs and challenges
- Resolve problems and handle complaints in a timely manner
- Increase solutions per client
- Decrease cancel rate
- Improve price increase effectiveness
- Improve overall renewal process and reduce billing errors
- Increase market feedback on new product opportunity inside and outside IR
- Develop a more effective team-based approach with product owners on new business initiatives
- Stay up-to-date with new features and product launches
- Suggest innovative ideas to increase sales and improve customer experience
- BA or BS Degree in related field, Corporate Investor Relations experience a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of Sales and/or client-facing experience with IRO's
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization, including C-suite
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software to track sales opportunities and customer activity a must
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Customer service minded
- Ability to grasp client's needs and increase customer engagement
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Strong analytical and time-management skills
- Flexibility to travel to clients when needed (approximately 50% travel)
- Superior analytical reasoning, and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Facility with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience with FactSet a plus
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.