Civil & Structural Principal Engineer
Stockton-on-tees, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Primary purpose of role
It is the responsibility of the Principal Engineer to support the delivery of defined engineering tasks for minor modifications and projects to the highest standards complying with legal obligations and client statement of requirements. In addition, the role involves supporting the development of proposals for new business opportunities, provision of consultancy services and deputy line management responsibilities of the team
- Be conversant / comply with UK Legislation, Company Rules, procedures and instructions, contributing to appropriate procedural and system updates.
- Provide technical expertise for the specification, design, procurement support, installation and commissioning of the engineering systems.
- Support Design Assurance for their discipline. Provide on-going technical support to projects and team.
- Produce, review and guide the associated documentation relating to the design, installation and operation of discipline specific systems.
- Deputise for the Discipline Manager in his / her absence, being the focal point for all disciple specific technical and managerial issues and decisions.
- Where required, perform the role of âLead Engineer' for appropriate projects in line with the scope of work and as-sold budgets.
- Make decisions involving technical issues, budget considerations, project schedules and safety with a minimum level of supervision.
- Support Business Winning incl. capability presentations, generation of early execution strategies and associated cost estimates.
- Delivery on time in full for responsible scope.
- Support resource management within their associated Discipline. Providing inputs to MPPs, recruitment and also conducting performance reviews for junior staff personnel.
- Assessing competence within their discipline.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support roll out of engineering procedures, work instructions, standards and guidance documents.
- Carry out discipline audits ensuring full compliance with quality procedures within their discipline.
- To portray the position of Civil and Structural Principal Engineer in a positive and professional manner
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.