Please scroll down, To apply
Mechanical / Civil Supervisor
Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
As a Mechanical/Civil Supervisor you will be responsible for:
· Provide a maintenance function to the process department, so that repairs are carried out to all mechanical plant and equipment in order to minimise down time and loss of production
- To assist the Inspections department with preparation of all plant equipment's for statutory inspections, ensuring vessels are isolated, opened up, cleaned and all mechanical disconnections/isolations are put in place.
- Assist the plant engineer / reliability engineer in the root cause analysis of failures failure mechanisms.
- Organising permits, including: correct isolation /lock off of electrical equipment, excavation permit work, confined space permit work, working at height, hot work permit . This includes ensuring that suitable RAMS are available- in discussion with performing authorities, in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
· Carrying out all maintenance work to the desired standards and allocated time scales. Resource unplanned work requests, e.g. from production or breakdowns
- Follow, as originator, the execution of planned / unplanned jobs assigned to contractors and Versalis UK's fitters,
- Be competent, as originator, to review written risk assessments in accordance with Management of Health & Safety at work act, and "Plant Engineering Procedures", as per Versalis ENI written instructions
- Management of confined space, ensuring all vessel release procedures and precautions are in place prior to signing on work permits, to ensure personnel safety at all times.
- Be competent, to review lifting plan and be able to be a supervisor for lifting operations
- Use of electronic maintenance system, SAP to generate / manage notifications/work orders
- Minimum mechanical / industrial PDA-professional development awards- (level 6 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), preferable mechanical HNC (level 7 of Scottish credit and qualification framework), with at least 5 years' experience within a top tier COMAH site, as Supervisory experience under permit to work procedure.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Possess of good people skills, with experience of managing contractors and guiding as well as getting on with
- Use assertiveness if necessary, to support the colleagues.
- Have worked on major outages, plant shutdowns (TAR's), and be good at managing stressful situations.
- Computer literate with Word, Excel, Microsoft project, SAP (Experience of CMMS)..
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.