Technical Safety Engineer
Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The Technical Safety Engineer is part of a small dynamic team, responsible for advising and or undertaking requirements to ensure Company's continued regulatory compliance and efficient operations through the effective management of Major Accident Hazards.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of the application of Technical Safety Engineering tools and techniques, particularly relating to offshore operations.
• Point of contact to provide Technical Safety Engineering support to Operations, Projects, and Wells for assigned assets
• Function as a SECE Steward assessing and authorising deviations / deferrals of assigned SECEs, and undertaking verification actions, performance standards updates, maintenance approvals
• Provide expertise and technical input to and in cases chair/facilitate HAZID, HAZOPs and LOPA / SIL studies etc; provide specialist expertise in relation to major accident hazards, QRA etc
• Where appropriate, engage with and support external consultants & contractors to carry out specialist studies, to ensure delivery of quality support in all relevant areas
• Manage formal safety assessments including but not limited to: Fire Risk Analysis (FRA)/ Fire Explosion Blast Risk Analysis (FEBRA), Evacuation Escape and Rescue Analysis (EERA), Temporary Refuge Impairment Analysis (TRIA), Smoke and Gas Ingress Analysis (SGIA), Essential Systems Vulnerability Analysis (ESVA), dispersion modelling/analysis, thermal radiation, gas plume analysis and provide pragmatic solutions based on results
• Manage updates for the Operational Safety Cases and defend them to peers and regulators
• Maintain awareness of relevant new/emerging regulations and attend Industry groups as the Company's representative
• Provide advocacy in relation to technical safety improvements and deployment of new tools and techniques, to ensure good engineering practice is maintained and to promote continuous improvement
• Stand in for the Technical Safety Engineering Lead / Technical Authority during periods of absence.
• Occasional visits offshore
• Relevant Science or Engineering Degree with extensive experience in oil and gas or chemical industries
• MSc in Safety or Loss Prevention preferred
• Proven competency in Technical Safety Engineering, preferably with some EPC and consultancy experience
• Extensive knowledge of UK Offshore regulatory requirements, design codes and guidance.
• Strong communication skills, and ability to work with diverse teams
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.