Courbevoie, Hauts-de-Seine, France
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Data Analyst - Paris La Defense - 1 Year Contract
Start Date 1st September 2022
Data Analyst experience required: - Minimum expertise in the energy world (ideally oil and gas). Advanced expertise in physical mechanisms (volume equivalences, energy masses for example). Advanced Python expertise (and familiarity with a rigorous programming model). Advanced Excel / VBA expertise and minimal PowerBi expertise. Perform quantitative analyses and/or build databases to support COMEX/CDEP seminar presentations.
Data Analyst to develop digital applications of the Strategy entity taking into account their entire life cycle (Definition of the product backlog, architecture, implementation, operation and maintenance).
The development of appropriate tools is key to the success of most strategy analyses, whether on the future of oil markets or understanding the activity of our competitors. Interfaces should be developed incorporating the constraints of team members. The objective is to make the work of the Strategy department more efficient, but also that of related entities with high added value (New Business, DF/AC, etc.) and thus allow rapid but reliable responses.
The 'data analysis' component should allow management to benefit from the most relevant and varied insights possible on the future of the industry and the activity of our competitors.
Data Analyst Tasks to be carried out
- Provide technical support for the entity's digital applications throughout their life cycle (Definition of the product backlog, architecture, implementation, operation and maintenance). Today by monitoring and developing the GHOST, GEMINI and REMUS applications. Other applications may be added in the future.
- Understand, analyse and challenge the needs in close collaboration with the analysts of the team.
- Participate in the analysis and understanding of heterogeneous data. Providing support for the design and implementation of data models to facilitate analysis.
- Implement applications in accordance with best programming practices.
- Ensure compliance with management deadlines, following an agile development methodology.
- The service must be provided in collaboration with the Group's IT departments.
- Support the team in its interactions with external consultants data providers (WM, IHS, Rystad...) to optimize integration with their data system and maximize their use
- Each year, enrich the models and external data collected in order to improve the analyses.
- Support the digital transformation of the strategic entity by proposing new ways of working based on digital
- Maintenance and development of a "bottom-up" model of global oil and gas production used in the context of the Global Hydrocarbon Profiles (PMH) exercise shown in Business Review each year; as well as derived quantitative studies (TEO, Capex forecast, etc.)
- Ongoing maintenance and development of internal & external asset valuation tools, being very responsive to requests.
- Perform quantitative analyses and/or build databases to support COMEX/CDEP seminar presentations.
- Coaching of other team members on digital tools.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.