Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Founded in 1996, GDT is an award-winning, technology integration partner. GDT specializes in designing, building, and delivering best-of-breed technology solutions for service providers, enterprise networks, data centers, and more.
GDT is a sales-centric company which offers an excellent partner and customer references, top-tier technical advisors, exceptional delivery teams and a highly motivating commission structure. We are in a hyper-growth mode and looking for someone who can help take us to that next level.
Be the solution. Keep clients happy. Provide intellectual value. Consistency. Be sticky. Help your fellow geeks. Teach. Mentor. Lend a hand. Grow. Be professional, be engaged. ALWAYS.
GDT is now offering an opportunity for a Zerto Engineer out of our Dallas, TX office. As part of GDT, you should possess a customer-centric mindset and an insatiable thirst for excellence. We believe in total ownership of our work and it is your purpose to Deliver Exceptional because run-of-the-mill, like the middle seat at the back of the airplane , is not welcome at GDT.
To be successful in this job you should have /these/ in your utility belt
- Well-versed in Migration tools like Zerto or Veeam for On-premise to Cloud migration, including automation of migrations
- Experience with Migration tools like Zerto or Veeam for Cloud/on-premise to other Cloud migration, including automation of migrations using Zerto.
- Disaster recovery design and automation using this platform (Zerto and/or Veeam) Identify gaps and remediation options for technology platforms.
- Solid understanding of standard major operating systems, virtual machines, applications, and networking.
- Troubleshooting wizard who should have advanced skills in understanding a customer s requirements, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities and develop innovative solutions for customers.
- The ability to analyze hardware and software tools and develop products and managed services for data center customers is essential.
- Ability to work with customers and maintain a professional attitude and provide exceptional customer service.
In the normal life of a Zerto Engineer you will be doing
- Problem analysis and resolution of DR / BRS issues using Zerto.
- Assists with establishing criteria for evaluating solutions.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business and cross-functional IT groups.
- Support design, operation, workflow, and issue resolution for the backup infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned functional area(s) or project(s).
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned task(s), functional area(s) or project(s).
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work.
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise.
- Provide weekly status reports on individual projects and tasks reporting to your Director.
- Perform mentoring and training for other engineers or departments.
Things we would love to see you have
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience administering, supporting, troubleshooting, patching and upgrading Zerto in an enterprise-class environment.
- 5+ years Windows / AD experience.
- 5+ years Linux experience.
- 5+ years VMware ESX experience.
- Experience with designing and implementing Wintel Server technologies.
- Experience and a solid understanding of major operating systems and local area networking.
- Experience with VMware virtualization software and Veeam replication backup or similar replication products.
- Experience with ITIL, Incident/Change/Problem-Management process.