Windows IIS Administrator
Software Methods, Inc.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Software Methods is seeking a Windows IIS Administrator for a 3+ month contract opportunity in the Hartford, CT area. This is also a possible 100% remote work from home opportunity for the right candidate.
The primary role of the IIS Administrator is to support and maintain business applications across servers and LAN, ensuring high levels of availability while adhering to security protocol, best practices and compliance.
- Installation, configuration, troubleshooting and managing various versions of Microsoft IIS, Oracle Weblogic, Oracle iPlanet, JBOSS and Apache Webserver on Windows and Linux server platforms
- Plan and implement upgrades and migration strategies for IIS and Weblogic application servers
- Migrating servers, applications and content across data centers
- Work in a regulated environment compliant to FDA, HIPAA and SOX
- Design and implement N-Layer architecture
- Administration of Windows and Linux server operating systems
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Technology Lead on implementing products and processes for External Clients (or) Hosted Technology Solutions Customers.
- Hands on experience in implementing VM Ware ESX on IBM HS2 blade center
- In-depth knowledge on troubleshooting tools like Wily Introscope, IIS Tracer, Debug Diagnostics, and Log Parser
- Experience in troubleshooting IIS issues involved with Network, Active Directory, Citrix, DNS Server, F5 Load balancing, operating systems, 3 DNS, database and SiteMinder
- Strong understanding of Shell scripting, Perl scripting, VB and PowerShell scripting
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent preferred but relevant work experience considered
- Experience with IIS (5.0, 6.0 and 7.5), Weblogic (9.x, 10.x.x), Glassfish, iPlanet, Apache and JBOSS
- Good experience in the implementation of ITIL processes in terms of Change, Incident, Problem Management, Document Management and Knowledge Management
- Uphold the ownership of Platform Stability
- Strong team-building skills
- Excellent goal tracking and report writing
- Able to effectively assess operational inefficiencies
- Excellent judgement in delegating tasks to appropriate individuals
- Good communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
If this sounds like you, please contact us today!
Unable to sponsor visas for this position. Please encourage those authorized, to work in the U.S. without a visa, to apply!
No third parties please.- provided by Dice