Website Administrator and Customer Services Representative
Anonymous 7.83 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: temporary
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
Closs & Hamblin (formerly C&H Fabrics) are looking for a Part Time person to join their busy Website fulfillment team. The role being recruited is to assist in both the fulfillment of website orders, but also to communicate with customers by telephone and email who have already placed an order, or are yet to place an order.
The Company website is fulfilled out of our Brighton store, although stock is picked and dispatched from all 8 Closs & Hamblin stores. Day to day tasks will include;
• Responding to assorted customer queries by phone and email
• Processing of all new orders received
• Assigning of stock to new orders from one of our 8 stores. Where a product is not stocked, then a special order must be raised to the appropriate supplier
• Communicating with other stores when stock is not available in Brighton, to arrange direct delivery to customer, or to back to Brighton store via Company van
• Printing Picking Lists where stock is available to be picked in Brighton
• Assist with picking of stock from shop floors and then transfer all picked stock into the Website from Brighton store via the EPOS system
• All picked stock to be packed according to Company standards, and prepared ready for dispatch via UK Mail or Royal Mail
• Resolving delivery issues or breakages with Couriers
• Liaising with Couriers over bespoke pricing for international orders
• Details of where stock is being fulfilled from and expected delivery dates to be updated on Website Admin system to enable tracking of order process
• Quick and professional communication to customers with updates or alternative options where delays or stock issues arise
• Processing of refunds and exchanges for customers
• Handling of customer complaints in conjunction with the Head Office website team
Communication will be key to the success of this role. A helpful and friendly phone manner, as well as a polite, professional email style will ensure the levels of customer service the business strives for are achieved. Computer competency is necessary to be able to work across our two main computer systems - the EPOS stock system and the Website Admin system, as well as managing a busy Microsoft Outlook email account. Due to the fluctuation of order volumes seasonally and during Company events and promotions, a calm and measured approach to the role is important.
This role is ideal for someone with problem solving skill, who likes working to high standards, and enjoys offering exceptional customer service. Customers contact us for all manner of reasons, so far from this role being purely an administrative fulfillment role, there is plenty of opportunity to assist in the generation of sales and repeat business. The right candidate will be happy working under a degree of pressure to meet order deadlines, but will take pride and enjoyment from successfully achieving this. More hours may well be available during busy times or to cover holidays among the team, so flexibility is valued. Some weekend work is to be expected.
Closs and Hamblin is a family run business has a very strong commitment to customer service, and this is at the centre of our brand values. Having traded successfully on High Streets for over 85 years, we are committed to offering the same levels of personalised customer care to our online customers too.
We have had an eCommerce website for over 10 years, but have recently invested substantially in a new site with improved functionality and the website is growing nicely. The business specialises in a wide variety of Home and Haberdashery products. These include Furnishing Fabrics, Curtains, Tracks, Blinds, Cushions and other Home Accessories; as well as Dress Making Fabrics, Sewing Accessories, Knitting Yarns and Crafts. We seek to provide an enjoyable and fulfilling working environment for all our staff.
Role: Website Administrator and Customer Services Representative
Location: Western Road, Brighton, BN1 2BA
Salary: £7.83 + 20% Staff Discount + Uniform
Hours: 20 hours per week, across 5 days (inc weekend work)
Daily hours - 9.00am to 1.30pm (inc ½ hour break)
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.