Web Application Developer - PHP
Bankers Healthcare Group
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Marketing Web Application Developer Job Description
Who we are:
Bankers Healthcare Group is the fastest name in innovative financial solutions, the best of both traditional lending and FinTech. We are an exciting and fast-paced company driven by our award-winning culture. We have consistently been recognized by Forbes, Inc., and Fortune Magazine for our growth, diversity, and success. At BHG our team is full of people who are optimistic, who have passion, energy, purpose, and use these qualities to execute projects with excellence and build BHG. Here, each and every team member has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Working with us is a chance to make a difference, for your company and for your career. We are looking for a full-stack Marketing Web Application Developer in our Syracuse, NY or NYC office.
Who you are:
When you hear the word REST are you tempted to open Postman? Have you experimented with Zapier or IFTT? If you love integrating systems and creating applications that enhance people's lives you have found the right place. Bankers Healthcare Group is looking for a talented critical thinker to join our marketing department. We are a dynamic expanding company that will provide you the rewarding challenge you need. This is not a sprint to sprint steady grind of JIRA tickets. We're looking for talented thought leaders to join our growing team.
- You know web, how the request and response work, RESTful web services, webservers, SQL, NoSQL, HTML, CSS/SASS and have tried everything in between.
- You know a variety of web technologies, what their strengths are and how to use them effectively.
- You are comfortable taking a web project from design document to deployment and possess a strong technical knowledge of CMS structures and programming.
- You don't like bugs, and possess the knowledge to test, monitor and respond to problems before anyone else.
- You understand virtualization and vagrant is your friend.
- You're open-minded, curious, and always learning.
What you'll be doing day-to-day
- Working on innovative solutions to make our team more effective in engaging our customers, CMS systems, training and discovering online tools
- Work on cross-functional teams as Marketing's technical liaison with Sales, Product Management, and IT.
- Deploy SEO strategies to grow organic traffic.
- Develop API web services to extend and integrate the functionality of our marketing automation and CRM systems.
- Work with and maintain multiple websites and applications built across various services and platforms (GravCMS, Marketo, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Mindfire Studio)
- Be a source of knowledge and assist in testing and diagnosing different types of integrations.
- Conceptualize and deploy new ways to store and report on our data and work with the analytics team to devise new ways to monitor campaign performance.
- 3+ years of experience from a similar position (with a proven track record)
- Expert knowledge of RESTful web services and using APIs to create custom applications
- Expert knowledge of the LAMP stack and the ability to maintain a production level environment.
- Knowledge of back end development PHP, NodeJS, Apache, Ngynx
- Knowledge of database design and management (MySQL, Postgress, MongoDB)
- Experience maintaining and/or implementing complex PHP applications with a proficiency for object-oriented programming.
- Experience with the command line; you won't need to code in Vim, you will need to write a bash script from time to time.
- Working knowledge of digital design tools (Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch)
- Working knowledge of the .NET development stack with the ability to navigate the code base and deploy a development environment.
- Experience with cloud service providers AWS, Azure, Heroku
- Experience with CI and automated deployments
Why Bankers Healthcare Group?
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Long and short term disability
- Life insurance paid for by the employer
- 401k with employee contribution
- Vacation time, PTO, and Paid holidays
- Company-sponsored professional training, licensing and education
BHG WELLNESS PROGRAM PERKS
- Onsite gym and shower facilities and golf simulator
- Personal trainer and group fitness classes onsite (for offices with onsite gym)
- Monthly employee recognition meetings with trophies and bonuses
- Fully catered onsite café/bistro (for offices with onsite café)
- Company-sponsored outings
BHG Builds People That Build BHG
Bankers Healthcare Group is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Bankers Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.