Water Mitigation Consultant
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, Inc
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
Water Mitigation Consultant-Telecommuter
IF YOU CARE, THERE'S A PLACE FOR YOU HERE
For a career path that is both challenging and rewarding, join Sedgwick's talented team of 21,000 colleagues around the globe. Sedgwick is a leading provider of technology-enabled risk, benefits and integrated business solutions. Taking care of people is at the heart of everything we do. Millions of people and organizations count on Sedgwick each year to take care of their needs when they face a major life event or something unexpected happens. Whether they have a workplace injury, suffer property or financial loss or damage from a natural or manmade disaster, are involved in an auto or other type of accident, or need time away from work for the birth of a child or another medical situation, we are here to provide compassionate care and expert guidance. Our clients depend on our talented colleagues to take care of their most valuable assets -- their employees, their customers and their property. At Sedgwick, caring counts®. Join our team of creative and caring people of all backgrounds, and help us make a difference in the lives of others.
Sedgwick is a global leader in property insurance claims, offering solutions for commercial and residential markets. We specialize in large/complex losses, large domestic and international commercial risks, middle market commercial property losses, and real estate and catastrophic losses.
To review and monitor mitigation estimates concentrating on the technical aspects of water mitigation interacting with vendors to ensure proper mitigation occurred and adjusting estimates based on loss facts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors mitigation estimates and final billing to ensure accuracy.
- Assesses mitigation handling on a claim-by-claim basis.
- Interacts with water mitigation vendors within designated timeframes at the conclusion of mitigation ensuring proper mitigation was conducted and estimated.
- Identifies mitigation or vendor trends and shares best-practices across the group.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Institute of Inspection Cleasing and Restoration Certification-Water Damage Restoration Technician (IIRC-WRT) and/or Institute of Inspection Cleasing and Restoration Certification-Applied Structural Drying (IICRC-ASD) required.
Six (6) years of experience in the insurance industry and/or dealing with specialty mitigation, restoration, and/or mitigation companies dealing directly with the identification, oversight, and mitigation of water damage claims or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong negotiating skills including the ability to negotiate with external vendors
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment, troubleshooting, problem solving, analysis, and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
Hearing, vision and talkingThe statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer