VP of Strategic Partnerships
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
** Please apply at **
XRC Labs is the #1 consumer goods and retail venture fund and accelerator in the US. We started in XRC 2015 to foster innovation in the retail technology and consumer goods sectors, on the premise that these sectors would undergo a major transformation, creating significant opportunities for innovative brands and technologies to accelerate this change. This remains true today more so than ever before.
We're regularly asked to produce and present our thought leadership at leading industry events such as NRF, Shoptalk and NACDS as well as leading academic institutions like Wharton's Baker Retail Center and Parsons School of Design. We fund over 20 companies per year through a rolling admissions process and provide a host of services and support to help these companies get to the next level of growth and maturity. From prebiotic waters to on-demand manufacturing, XRC's startup community is global and diverse, with over 40% of our companies run by women, and 20% from outside the U.S. We have recently expanded the size of our Accelerator Fund as well as launched an Opportunity Fund.
WIth over 90 investments to date, we have been building a mutually beneficial ecosystem of leading brands like Estee Lauder and retailers like TJX and CVS who financially support the Labs platform and in return receive insights and access not otherwise provided in today's marketplace.
We are looking for a VP of Strategic Partnerships to lead our corporate partnering platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
Manage and maintain/grow existing corporate partner relationships:
- Relationship development - develop and maintain senior relationships at partner accounts in order to best understand the changing needs of their business.
- Document the value of the partnership to our corporate sponsors through regular Quarterly Business Reviews.
Manage startup introductions to corporate partners and ecosystem partners:
- With our roster of 90 startups continuing to grow every year, we provide startups access to corporates who in turn want access to startups. Some of those corporates are full paying members of the XRC sponsorship program per above, while others are just part of our ecosystem and potentially downstream paying members.
Identify and sign on new partnerships:
- Brand Capital
- Corporate sponsorship
Demonstrated track record managing corporate partner relationships:
Account management -
- Current paying corporate partners have objectives that XRC has agreed to (access, influence on selection, community access.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with each sponsor to ensure both sides align on expectations and document benefits of our continued relationship.
Demonstrated ability to close B2B sales using a consultative selling approach:
- Prospect new B2B potential clients, booking qualified meetings with global executives
- Manage the early sales pipeline, partnering with our team to bring the most qualified prospects through the sales cycle.
- Close sponsorship sales.
- Provide clear visibility on revenue performance by actively managing a pipeline of opportunities.
- Provide feedback to improve the value and attractiveness of our offerings.
Ability to present startup solutions to ecosystem partners in a programmatic and scalable way
- Understanding their solution at a high level.
- Working with the startups to formulate their pitch into digestible "sound-bites."
- Understanding the corporate ecosystem and their desires for innovation.
- Connecting the startup with the right corporations who are seeking same.
Who you are:
- Well-versed in understanding customer needs and determining what product offerings may be most suitable for them.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- A passion for our mission.
- Comfortable and energized working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with a CRM platform, such as Salesforce, etc.
- A strong track record of closing deals and managing relationships
- Experience selling large Corporate Sponsorships and/or Consulting Projects.
- Bachelor's degree.
Experience that is not relevant:
- SMB or Mid-size SaaS sales experience or any sort of sales experience that expects a price list
- Non-revenue generating BD/partnering roles
** Please apply at **