VP International Business Development
Reston, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
The Vice President, International Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing the Company Public Sector international business development strategy. This executive will join a rapidly growing public sector organization to drive enterprise level transactions. The ideal candidate will have extensive international expertise with capability of easily connecting with C-Level organizational leadership.
- Develop and execute aggressive customer acquisition strategies
- Provide detailed business development strategies focused on Cloud adoption for top level defense executives.
- Adept at creating enterprise pipeline opportunities and able to transition to direct sales customer engagements for closing forecasted deals.
- Manage overall business development process, develop appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Plan and manage at both strategic, operational and tactical customer facing levels.
- Align with Strategic Account Executives, industry leads, and global sales leadership teams to present a single front that creates a consistent relevant vision for our Public Sector customers.
- Interface with the product development and marketing organizations to guide Public Sector product direction.
- Lead initiatives to ensure the continued development of C-Level customer strategic partner talent in the organization and have clout to attract and recruit 'A' players for the organization.
- Echelon 1 or 2 level leadership/management experience in Government Agencies, Military or IT, combined with significant international experience.
- Experience transitioning Public Sector customers to digital transformation and enterprise Cloud platforms.
- Proven track record of successful leadership for transformation initiatives in large corporate or government divisions.
- 10+ years of senior leadership experience in Cloud sales organizations or executive level management in complex high stress mission driven organizations.
- Proven track record of leadership building highly successful teams and organizations.
- Strong operational and analytical abilities.
- Government/Defense service can substitute for sales experience.
- Defense subspecialty expertise a plus.
Digital Transformation Strategy:
Primary focus is creating and closing revenue to over-achieve on company quota objectives. Four major areas of responsibility include: Prospecting, Pipeline Generation, Closing, and Renewals that drive customer success (ACV Quota delivered based on Defense revenue targets).
Prospecting elements include:
Developing and executing Quarterly Sales strategies Defense AVP/RVPs, Sales Engineering, Industries and Marketing Team with emphasis on total organizational uptake in driving Company brand across Public Sector customers. Gain market/account relevance and value by engaging net new customers in their challenges while driving Company Cloud innovations and service improvement across the Public Sector. Consistently message to all levels of the organization (internally and externally), Last Interaction and Next Steps as momentum to gain a Trusted Advisor position with customers required to drive adoption of high value enterprise solutions, pipeline and ACV revenue.
Pipeline Generation elements include:
Engage all parts of the Company go-to-market sales team (BDR, ECS, AEs, SEs, Marketing, Industries, Product Management, Senior Executives and most importantly existing customers to drive net new Pipeline/Revenue on a daily basis. Emphasis on meeting Pipeline Targets through weekly engagement, management of Pipe Progress/Conversion with primary emphasis on creation of net new enterprise level opportunities.
Consistent management of Pipeline Opportunities progress through the Success Selling Methodology as captured in Company Org62.
Work with AVP/RVPs within Public Sector sales team targeting strategic accounts, nominate new accounts and expand revenue potential.
Drive strategic messaging for the sales teams in alignment with Public Sector specific initiatives supporting enterprise messaging/adoption across Company Cloud Platform. Emphasis on incorporation of the voice of the customer in support of furthering Public Sector Initiatives: Category Management, Legacy IT Systems Mobilization, Centers of Excellence and Agency-Wide Application Governance/Agile Development.
Closing Elements include:
Strong emphasis on meeting monthly revenue expectations by driving closure each month on the entire portfolio of current quarter opportunities. Weekly review of remaining steps to close in Org62 for all transactions for the quarter.
Consistently engage Customers in the Mutual Close Plan exercises while mapping required Steps to Close and managing company resources to assist with this process.
These details will be reflected in Org62. Emphasis will be on driving efficiency with company resources while maximizing closed Revenue.
Create standard Investment Proposals to efficiently capture customer value and clear next steps for Defense Services/Agencies procurements. Emphasis will be placed on specific language/relevance to diverse defense customers and repeatability across the Public Sector.
Renewals / Adoption elements include:
Drive Company enterprise adoption successes and prevent attrition broadly across Public Sector program implementations through deep Agency mission understanding, to include strong relationships with Senior Executives and decision makers. Emphasis will be on mapping sources of Service funding and clear steps for Public Sector investment in both short and long term enterprise initiatives.
Assist Company CFL, Company Engineering, Legal, and Compliance in support of the Public Sector's understanding cyber policy and compliance criteria for security and all requirements for authority to operate. Support weekly interaction with CFL organizations across public sector markets to drive customer success. Focus will be on effectiveness, Company positioning, Adoption Plans and Accelerators in support of solutions uptake and customer value.
Create 'save plans' with public sector AEs, SEs and CFL to actively avoid contract attrition.