Crescent Real Estate LLC
Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
Crescent Real Estate LLC (Crescent) is a real estate operating company and investment advisor, founded by Chairman John C. Goff, with assets under management, development, and investment capacity of more than $10 billion. Through the GP Invitation Fund I and the GP Invitation Fund II, the company acquires, develops and operates all real estate asset classes alongside institutional investors and high net worth clients. Crescent's premier real estate portfolio consists of Class A and creative office, multifamily and hospitality assets located throughout the U.S., including The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas, and the wellness lifestyle leader, Canyon Ranch®. Crescent has developed or has projects in development in excess of $2B, some highlights of which are of American Airlines' headquarters building, 1 Hotel and Embassy Suites Nashville, McKinney & Olive and The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.
Crescent is currently looking for an experienced construction manager to join our development team in Dallas, Texas. You will be working directly with senior management of our development team. You will manage the design and construction of new and existing commercial development projects as well as capital improvements to existing assets. In addition, you will provide assistance to the Development team by analyzing properties under consideration for acquisition.
This is the perfect job for you if:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and take pride in figuring it out
- You enjoy leading a team of construction managers in a collaborative environment to support leadership, operational management, and project management to achieve project goals
- You excel at developing, managing, and maintaining operating procedures, processes, and documentation which add value to the construction process
- You like participating in the design process of each project, providing budget, schedule and constructability input.
- You can qualify general contractors for specific projects and develop and maintain a strong base of qualified and competent subcontractors.
- You are familiar with how to direct architects, contractors and consultants, from the beginning of a project to project completion, to ensure compliance with the approved budget and schedule.
- You can directly supervise all aspects of the project, to ensure the efficient utilization of resources and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- You possess the ability to work effectively under time constraints, prioritize a heavy workload and have the organizational skills required to manage multiple projects.
As our VP of Construction, a typical day might include the following:
- Oversee all aspects of design, engineering, and construction for all major capital projects
- Foster and support new developments including feasibility, design development, estimating, and value engineering efforts
- Negotiate and administer construction contracts on behalf of the owner.
- Monitor contractor performance to ensure compliance with all OSHA, environmental, state and local construction standards, codes, and regulations. You will also assist in securing all applicable permits.
- Monitor and maintain data and coordinate resolution and completion of all requests for information submittals.
- Provide management, technical direction, supervision and coordination of all construction activities for the duration of each project.
- Review and approve job cost billings for processing to ensure consistency with the approved project budget. You will analyze construction job cost billings to ensure accuracy and timely billings.
- Track construction progress against the approved project schedule and/or previous provided schedules.
- Issue and maintain field orders and logs; you will interface with permit plan reviews and inspectors.
- At the end of each project, you will administer punch list and project close-out activities, including acceptance and completion of project.
- Identify and evaluate innovative construction technologies such as prefabrication and modularization.
You need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, ideally with a focus on design, construction or project management.
- Strong professional connections and a respected reputation in the construction industry.
- At least 15 years of construction experience in real estate or asset management. Have a proven outstanding work and/or academic track record with a demonstrated history of achievement.
You will also need to:
- To be motivated and driven. You're going to take ownership of the time you spend with Crescent and truly make a difference.
- Be a confident self-starter with demonstrated decision making abilities and is results oriented.
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Have the ability to effectively present information to clients, external contractors, top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- To travel up to 50% of your time.
- Of course, have integrity and a strong sense of ethics.
Google to learn more about Crescent Real Estate
- Our website crescent.com
- Like us on
- Check us out on LinkedIn
We offer opportunities for career growth, responsibilities, and rewards based on contributions, and competitive pay and benefits.
Your salary will be commensurate with your experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k) plan with a company match and more we can talk about later. We are an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran). Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon completing a background check.