VP Business Development
Windsor Mill, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
The VP, Business Development, Veterans Affairs and Military Health is a critical team member in growing Company Solution's business. The VP, Business Development is responsible for prospecting new clients through networking, drawing on his/her relationships in the industry, advertising, or other means of generating interest from potential clients. This role is responsible for drawing on Company' s history of innovation and delivery excellence to plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients in the VA and Military Health market to do business with the company. The VP, Business Development develops a rapport with new or potential clients and is expected to meet growth targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship with the client. Working collaboratively with the broad array of professional expertise at Company Solutions, the VP, Business Development is expected to grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients while simultaneously communicating client and market needs back to the Research and Innovation team, Client Delivery team, and Company Solutions leadership. The VP, Business Development is also accountable for participating with company leadership in strategic planning for developing the pipeline of new business for the company and establishing relationships with industry business partners. Upon award of a large contract in the DHA or VA space, this role will transition to a percentage of delivery oversight responsibilities in conjunction with the Company Delivery Team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support that will continually improve the relationship with existing clients. Crafting original content to support responses to government solicitations, white papers, points of view and presentations to customers. New business development to include developing a rapport with new or potential clients. Meet or exceed growth targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship with the client.
- Client retention to include presentation of new products and services and enhance existing relationships Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs. Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Business development planning to include attending industry functions such as association events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends. Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels. Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Management and Research responsibilities include: Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate. Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company's CRM or other sales management system. Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets. Work with Marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner. Develop a thorough understanding of the company's people and capabilities. Research potential opportunities and identify pipeline candidates for validation and qualification. Understand the company's goals and purpose to positively contribute to Company Solutions' performance.
Related Work Experience: 10+ years
-Strong networking, relationship management, interpersonal, and persuasion skills.
-Strong communication skills both written and verbal, which will be used to create a variety of client facing finished products including; web content, client presentations, white papers, points of view, and responses to government solicitations.
- Proven track record in public speaking and providing thought leadership to existing and potential customers.
-Strong prospecting skills, identifying prospective clients, increasing existing accounts, obtaining customer referrals.
- PMP Certification
-Experience applying the ITIL framework and best practices
-Experience with Service Desk support and operations
-Ability to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust).
-Experience with OCM
SCOPE of POSITION:
This position reports to SVP, Business Development. This position is the head of a major business function and is responsible for establishing the direction within the department. Develops and enforces execution plans and assignment of resources to successfully meet business objectives. Manages business performance and links day-to-day operations to strategic objectives and goals. Implements and reinforces company vision and strategic priorities. Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to company policies. Develops and manages operating plans and associated budgets. Manages, coordinates, provides leadership to and reviews the work of managerial and / or senior professional level subordinates. Responsible for staffing, training, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees.
RequiredBachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Required10 years: -Strong communication skills both written and verbal, which will be used to create a variety of client facing finished products including; web content, client presentations, white papers, points of view, and responses to government solicitations. - Proven track record in public speaking and providing thought leadership to existing and potential customers. -Strong prospecting skills, identifying prospective clients, increasing existing accounts, obtaining customer referrals.