Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Virtualization Engineer Overview:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Service Virtualization Engineer for an opportunity in Highland Park, TX. The Engineer should possess hands on experience in developing complex virtual services using CA devtest ( LISA). The incumbent will be responsible for problem Solving, testing/deliverable quality and production support.
- Basic administrative tasks like services starting/stopping, log cleanup
- Custom data protocol development
- ALM and Performance center installation and version upgrade
- Ensure the performance center availability 24*7 ( excluding maintenance )
- Scripting in windows environment to automate maintenance tasks
- Planned maintenance of performance center /ALM
- Communicate and co-ordinate performance center planned maintenance and outages with Performance test teams.
- Trouble shoots performance center problems faced by performance testers.
- Co-ordinate with Microfous to solve any bugs/patch upgrades.
- Analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium complexity.
- Under supervision, research and recommend alternative actions for problem resolution.
- Participate in component and system testing as it relates to hardware and operating system components.
- Test and implement hardware and operating systems components using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Will be required to carry/respond promptly to an on-call pager on a rotating basis with other System Engineers.
- Responsible for immediate response to system software problems.
- Experience in developing REST, SOAP, JMS protocol virtual services is required.
- Experience in trouble shooting failed transactions in co-ordination with testing teams is required.
- Experience in incremental development and merging service images.
- Experience in developing virtual services with stateful protocols is desired.
- Experience with Performance Center is a plus
- Experience in managing large performance center installation.
- Needs a basic understanding of root cause analysis procedures.
- Provide technical problem resolution for less complex problems without assistance.
- Education: AAS, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and / or equivalent formal training or work experience.
- Experience: Generally has 3-5 years (or equivalent knowledge base) work experience in Systems Engineering.
- Completes tasks under direction.
- Tasks are assigned and consequences of error carry small risk to the organization.
- Basic knowledge of key system engineering.
- Basic knowledge of technical / business environment
- Demonstrated aptitude and ability for logical and abstract thinking.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of simple to medium sized complexity.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-based, Customer service oriented environment.
- Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the "Best Staffing Firms to Work For" and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit .- provided by Dice