Vice President Information Technology Americas
Akron, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Vice President Information Technology, Americas has responsibility for partnering with business functions, Corporate Information Technology (IT) and other strategic business units in achieving the goals set for the Americas (North and Latin America) businesses. This position is also responsible for all IT activities within the Americas business unit (and globally) as part of the company's IT Leadership team (including leadership and development for IT talent within the organization).
The role is responsible for:
- Delivering IT solutions that enable the strategic business unit (SBU)/producer business unit (PBU)/functions to meet their annual operating plan (AOP) and requirement versus capacity and capability (RvsCC) commitments
- Advising SBU leaders (by building trust and a strong partnership)
- Supporting/Engaging in SBU growth initiatives/planning to deliver on long-term plans
- Mitigating risk in both short and long-term plans
- Building IT capabilities and developing talent
- Leveraging enterprise expertise and capacity by engaging with teams in global IT, Digital Marketing, and other functions.
The responsibilities of the VP IT Americas will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Partner with Senior Business Leaders to lead the creation, management and communications of long-range IT Strategies and support roadmaps for Americas IT and business. Ensure alignment with global and other SBU IT Directors to deliver consistent and innovative solutions for business process visions (that create long-term strategic advantages in the market, while achieving near term business objectives). Identify and refine strategic roadmaps that enable the Americas business to advance along its strategic path, while embedding a more disciplined process-centric approach to running the day-to-day operations. Influence strategic directions and changes with Executive SBU Leadership in support of strategic business initiatives.
- Organizational Development - Create a high performing, highly engaged IT organization that consistently delivers innovative, high-value and business technology solutions. Play an active leadership role in advancing the global and SBU IT functions (including applications management and development, associate support, infrastructure integration, enterprise resource planning (ERP), functional applications and all other IT related products and services).
- Sustain/Operate IT services for the Americas business. Understand criticality/urgency of systems and services. Ensure continuity of critical IT services. Manage relationship with country, cluster countries, PBU, functional business leaders/Corporate IT, strategic vendors and other business unit IT functions. Negotiate strategic directions with Directors of the Americas business unit in support of business initiatives. Establish and monitor service-level agreements (SLAs) with key internal and external business customers and service providers.
- Foster strategic relationships with key external suppliers/service providers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of products and services.
- Governance (manage the business of running IT) - Envision, develop, build and maintain IT governance structures/processes to align business with IT investments. Facilitate business process governance and continuous improvement. Divert investments from tactical/ad-hoc requests to more strategically aligned investment programs. Define and govern key IT standards. Manage IT investments and deliver IT projects and services for the Americas business.
Professional Experience & Competencies:
- 12 or more years of experience in progressive IT leadership assignments, with 6 or more years' experience leading and managing technical teams or business units
- Ability to apply different strategies and influence others to change their opinion or plan
- Communicates a compelling vision and core purpose - Can convey complex technical issues to diverse audiences
- Ability to create and maintain relationships with SBU and global partners within IT and across functional boundaries
- Ability to manage critical feedback, changing priorities and dynamic landscape with professionalism
- Visible passionate leader - Develops team members through coaching and frequent development discussions
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Management Information Systems, Technology, or a related discipline
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Management Information Systems, Technology, or a related discipline is desirable.
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at .
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.