Vehicle Body Repairer/Coach Maker
Stagecoach Group 15.29 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Bedford, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Want to be part of a professional team maintaining and repairing a varied modern fleet of vehicles, learn new skills, and teach Apprentices on the way? At Stagecoach East we operate 360 vehicles over 4 sites, and we're looking for people with Truck/Rail/light commercial backgrounds in body repair to be part of our growing team.
If you fancy a change, want more variety or better hours than your current job offers, then we may have just what you're looking for!
* You'll be responsible for maintaining and repairing our modern fleet of 85 buses in Bedford, including Alexander Dennis, Scania, Volvo and Optare models. We invested £4.6 million in new buses last year, so you'll be working on some state of the art vehicles.
* You will receive full training but will need to have worked in an accident repair/body repair field (car, truck, haulage, automotive, plant, rail, or farm.) If it moves and you can repair it, it's good experience for working on buses!
* You'll be part of a great team of Body Repairers, Painters, Mechanics, Technicians and Engineering Managers who all pull together to do a brilliant job.
Benefits of working at Stagecoach:
* A great regular income and benefits - up to £15.29 per hour or a little more if you want shifts.
* Job security - we've been going since 1980, we turn over £1.3bn and we're not planning on hanging our boots up anytime soon!
* We provide boots, overalls and specialist equipment so you'll be fully prepared for the job.
* Enjoy free travel for you and your companion on our buses.
* A good pension scheme to look after you once you've hung up the Spanners!
We can't wait to receive your application