SGS United Kingdom Ltd
salary: 31000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Immingham, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Valve Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 per week
Job Location: Immingham
As a Valve Technician you will be responsible for delivering valve related services from SGS operational locations within the UK and UK waters, at all times maintaining the required level of technical compliance. You will also undertake operational activities on behalf of SGS United Kingdom Limited within the discipline of valve certification, repair and overhaul in accordance with SGS procedures and processes ensuring customers deadlines are achieved
As a Valve Technician, you'll receive a salary of between £29,000 and £31,000, depending on experience, plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years' service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
* To undertake valve certification, repair and overhaul activities as advised by SGS so that customers' needs are met in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
* Provide a valve certification, repair and overhaul service to customers to support their compliance or decision making and maximise return and efficiency.
* To provide technical guidance and support to clients, fellow technicians and customers as required to maintain a required level of technical compliance.
* Work in accordance with industry best practices and recommendations to which SGS subscribe (Safed / BVAA) are met and implemented within the department as prescribed by Lead and Senior engineers.
* Ensure completed certificates are of the required quality and content in accordance with legislative requirements and industry best practices.
* To liaise with customers, suppliers and colleagues relative to identification and procurement of third party services, parts or support as so required to deliver valve certification, overhaul and repair.
* When requested, ensure that required levels of revenue are generated and costs are controlled such that appropriate margin (LC) is present.
* To deliver valve related services from SGS operational locations within the UK and UK waters including primary valve facilities located in Immingham, Great Yarmouth and Manchester, SGS mobile workshop facilities and client sites, at all times maintaining the required level of technical compliance.
* To infrequently work outside of the UK as instructed by SGS, delivering services in accordance to the same standards of QHSE seen in UK delivery.
* Ensure all Health and Safety requirements are met in accordance with the H&S at work act and the Management of H&S regulations and the requirements of the SGS UK QHSE Manual.
Education: apprenticeship in a relevant engineering discipline, or suitable relevant experience within the specific field of valve overhaul / repair / certification
Training: Training needs will be established during induction and will depend on education, knowledge and experience. On an ongoing basis additional requirement will be identified as necessary to meet the accredited scope of activities.
Technical knowledge: Suitable to make professional judgements on the range of technical / safety related problems likely to arise from the scope of activities.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years' experience within a relevant engineering discipline of which 1 year shall have been spent working within an engineering discipline associated within Valve certification.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially and you will always receive an update within 10 business days