Manchester City, North, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We are pleased to share that we are recruiting for a Validation Engineer.
Our Test & Validation site, based in Blyth, Northumberland, is responsible for an extensive range of complex projects, collaborating with OEM partners.
The nature of our work produces high volumes of complex data, which we interpret for our customer base presenting statistical and analytical reporting. The Validation Engineer will interact with internal and external stakeholders providing insights through their interpretation of the data produced within our testing portfolio. Our value-added services allow our customers to realise enhanced procedural and operational practice.
An understanding of engineering projects and the management of information to execute work which is on time, to budget and within scope is crucial to the success of the position. The organisation plans to invest in developing accreditation and new technical processes for eGrid, next generation blade testing and drive train testing.
What are the key responsibilities?
* Management of data analysis inputs and outputs to ensure testing processes meet customer requirements and accreditation standards.
* The Validation Engineer is responsible for consistent dialogue with all colleagues and customers relating to the progress and coordination of work.
* Responsibility for reviewing the setup of test pieces and supporting equipment/systems within the facility and on site to ensure desired outputs to the customer requirements and necessary standards.
* Provision of data logging, data analysis calculation and simulation skills as necessary to the commercial operations and research activities including, but not limited to, testing, design, development, tender preparation/evaluation, budget preparation/review and customer and supplier interface.
* Develop the application of the test process to testing schedule and project plan to meet customer expectations, internal processes and standards.
* Creation of pre and post data analysis to support reports to client's satisfaction, collation,
interpretation and presentation of electronic data.
* Understand the principles and practices of working within an OHSAS 18001, ISO14001, ISO9001, ISO17025 environment.
* Creation of Traceability Trees and Uncertainty Budgets
The Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult (ORE Catapult) is one of a number of Catapults set up by Innovate
UK to accelerate the deployment of innovative technology in the UK.
With primary locations in Glasgow and Blyth, Northumberland, ORE Catapult is the UK's leading technology innovation and research centre for offshore renewable energy. We are delivering the UK's largest clean growth opportunity by accelerating the creation and growth of UK companies in offshore renewable energy. Our uni
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* The preferred candidate for this position will be educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline; possessing excellent analytical and mathematical skills including statistical probability and its application within the engineering space.
* The dimensions of the data we handle will require the post holder to have good IT skills, preferably
with exposure to some numerical manipulation software (such as Excel, SQL, Matlab and Octave), simulation software (such as Bladed and Ansys) and programming languages (such as R, C++, LabVIEW and Python).
* You should be comfortable using highly developed social skills to collaborate with multidisciplinary
stakeholders across the spectrum of experience and seniority.
* This role requires the discipline and ability to manage time effectively; you should be accustomed to working to exacting standards, whilst diligently executing high volumes of work.
* Experience operating with a solution-oriented attitude; handling complex problems
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application