Mechanical Engineer - Reliability
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The Reliability Engineer will drive reliability improvement programs such as condition inspection, condition based and predictive maintenance systems throughout the plant. Support current and future pilots programs through maintenance and engineering initiatives. Manage and distribute maintenance metrics and data to support data-driven decision making and prioritization within maintenance group. Support site root cause analysis efforts by initiating/participating of meetings and follow up on action items
- Develop, design, installation, test, and inspection criteria for equipment and suppliers.
- Inspect new installation to ensure they meet specifications.
- Make recommendations to modify current installations when needed.
- Define, develop, and maintains an asset maintenance plan.
- Assist in root cause failure analysis to avoid future failures.
- Provide training as needed.
- Accelerate the pace of implementation of current and future reliability/OEE improvement programs.
- Improve efficiencies of production lines and manufacturing processes
- Identification of the current bad actors and optimization of equipment availability.
- Support any critical and urgent project/efforts
- Further develop and refine strategies towards a predictive maintenance environment.
- Improve uptime and lower maintenance cost by maintaining assets optimally in the maintenance cycle.
- Assist with the transition to AM (autonomous maintenance) systems.
- Research, scope and implement predictive and prescriptive tools to improve reliability.
- Assist to reduce maintenance and food safety related incidents and risks.
- Assist in implementation and sustainability of OPEX for Maintenance program, support with the
- relevant training.
- Process safety compliance and oversight for maintenance including contractors.
- Assisting with safety incident and drive towards zero.
- Support of pro-active safety training, detailed and standardized LOTO procedures which is integrated in all PM's and Permit-to-Work systems.
- Proven capability to develop and maintain strong collaborative business relationships
- Ability to influence effective decision-making with cross-functional teams
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with diversity and inclusion sensitivity
- Excellent communication skills to effectively and persuasively articulate positions (electronically and verbally) to various audiences and at all levels of the business
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks and measure progress across multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and within teams on both strategy and tactical projects with minimal supervision.
- Program management skills: identification and management of stakeholders, milestone development and tracking of progress, resource management, risk mitigation, detailed action planning, and basic familiarity with change management.
- Education Requirements: Minimum - 4 yr/Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Arts, Statistics or equivalent
- Years Of Experience: 5-8 years
- Ability to propose, evaluate and monitor projects from a technical and financial perspective
- Ability to interact at various levels within the regional and global integrated supply chain Independent. Persevering person, not afraid of prospecting.
- Ability to interface cross functionally with other functions (e.g., Procurement, Finance, Engineering, etc.)
- Relevant experience in manufacturing, preferably the food industry
- Detailed understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing programs
- Proven safety improvement track record
- Proven track record in plant maintenance management
- Proven track record to drive results through influencing and collaboration
Looking for a Career for Good?
Puratos is a global purpose-driven company focused on bringing people together through food innovation for good. We offer a full range of innovative food ingredients and services for the bakery, patisserie, and chocolate sectors, serving artisans, retailers, industrial and food service companies in over 100 countries around the world. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit, and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This coupled with our commitment to our communities is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
If you are a solution oriented and analytical thinker with a passion for leading and inspiring people, we invite you to experience the magic of being yourself and join us for "a career for good."