Odessa, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Location: Odessa, TX
Saulsbury is seeking multiple Electrical Engineers that are self-motivated, detail oriented, and professional, with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering with 8 to 15 years of experience in electrical engineering and design work for oil and gas and chemical facilities. In this position, you will manage one or more projects at any given time. You will have the opportunity to complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analysis within the discipline while coordinating with other disciplines to complete projects. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations is probable.
- Engage in shop and field testing of switchgear and motor control center equipment
- Provide direction and coordination of electrical engineering for large industrial projects in midstream gas processing, petroleum refining, petrochemical, and upstream oil & gas industries
- Apply design knowledge in medium and low voltage power distribution, grounding, lighting, motor control, variable frequency drive, and misc. equipment specification and selection
- Conduct power studies (load flow, short circuit, relay coordination, motor starting, and arc flash) as required to define the requirements for distribution facilities in industrial plants
- Interact with all engineering disciplines, engineering and construction project managers, major equipment suppliers, and clients
- Review and approve Electrical Design deliverables to Issue for Design and Construction for example wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, electrical area classification plans, power and control cable schedules, and other electrical project deliverables as required.
- Develop scopes of work and prepares detail design milestones, staffing schedules, and engineering man hour estimates.
- Provide prompt notification to supervision and project management for issues that impact scope, budget, and schedule
- Coordinates details and miscellaneous design details with other disciplines and Project Manager.
- Collaborate with the client's electrical representative to ensure full, appropriate communication and coordination in the achievement in project deliverables.
- Apply standard engineering design principles to the maximum extent appropriate, and methodology for research of design options where necessary
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ years' experience preferred
- EIT licensure required; P.E. by exam preferred
- Experience in the specification of LV and MV transformers, switchgear, motor controls, and variable frequency drives.
- Experience in the analysis of industrial power systems using SKM tools or equivalent modeling software is required.
- Must be familiar with the National Electrical Code and API standards, including sections relevant to electrical installations in hazardous locations and in the classification of hazardous areas.
For more information about this job opportunity, please visit: