Business System Analyst
Vista Equity Partners
Austin, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
The growing Vista Equity Partners IT team is looking for an experienced business analyst to support its financial systems, including fund accounting, procure-to-pay, and financial planning and analysis applications. This is an exciting opportunity to drive the future applications landscape for Vista and establish best practices around application management within the private equity industry.
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for the design and delivery of technology to support Vista's Finance group. The role will work across teams and lead exploration efforts to document and prioritize business needs and use these inputs to define improvements for processes and systems. A successful candidate will also proactively find areas for optimization to improve efficiency and user experience. Responsibilities will also include providing support and administration on supported platforms.
This role can be based in Austin, TX (preferred) or remote and is for an immediate start.
- Consult with stakeholders to understand key needs and translate them into actionable business and technical requirements.
- Vet new technologies to ensure fit for both business needs and Vista IT standards.
- Design efficient and scalable processes and solutions.
- Collaborate with technical and functional leaders of departments and teams.
- Document success criteria and coordinate user acceptance testing.
- Create, improve, and standardize requirement gathering practices, tools, and metrics.
- Continuously review product roadmaps to identify new features of benefit for Finance users.
- Provide support and administration for key financial applications.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of systems development life cycle experience, with a focus on requirements gathering, design, configuration, QA, and change management.
- Finance experience, especially prior experience with fund accounting, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, and financial planning and analysis.
- Experience in Financial Services strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with enterprise SaaS software, specifically Salesforce, Portfolio/Asset Management platforms and Data Analytics/BI tools.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization, including executives.
- Ability to work across multiple functional groups to drive cohesiveness and reduce redundancies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, with good time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong stakeholder relationships and effectively set and manage expectations.
- Works effectively and diligently with or without deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Process oriented, strategic thinking and result driven.
- Ability to simplify and drive consensus.
- As a condition of employment, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. For purposes of this policy, "fully vaccinated" means two weeks after either (a) the single dose of a one-dose vaccine regimen, or (b) the second dose of a two-dose vaccine regimen. We will require that you provide proof of full vaccination prior to beginning your employment. We are an equal opportunity employer, and will consider a request for exemption from this policy for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs where reasonable accommodations are possible without imposing undue hardship, to the extent required by law.
Vista is a leading global investment firm that invests exclusively in enterprise software, data and technology-enabled organizations across private equity, credit, public equity and permanent capital strategies. The firm brings an approach that prioritizes creating enduring market value for the benefit of its global ecosystem of investors, companies, customers and employees. Vista's investments are anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions and proven, flexible management techniques that drive sustainable growth. Vista believes the transformative power of technology is the key to an even better future - a healthier planet, a smarter economy, a diverse and inclusive community and a broader path to prosperity. Further information is available at vistaequitypartners.com. Follow Vista on Equity Partners or