Contract Administrator / Expeditor
Kings Mountain, North Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
New Remote Opportunity!! Contract Administrator/Expeditor
The NES Chicago Offices are actively seeking an experienced Project Expeditor for a year-long remote contract opportunity, which could convert to a permanent role with our client.
All interested candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their resume directly to along with their availability.
SUMMARY: The Site Contract Admin/Expeditor provides Contracts and Procurement support for the Kings Mountain and New Johnsonville US Lithium Sites. This role has technical responsibility for assisting with contract administration and expediting. The Contract Admin/Expeditor is responsible for leading the expediting of deliverables for Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects upon receipt of an approved purchase order through the closeout of the project. This individual can be located remotely and will report directly to the US Lithium Project Controls Lead.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Display and champion the Client's Core Values on the project team
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with Site Contractors and management teams
- Ensure compliance with Client Corporate Guidelines and Standards
- Manage communication between the client, project team and suppliers to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Quality review the receipt, inspection, approval and return of all deliverables required by the contract.
- Manage contract package requirements with the supplier's production schedule to ensure project milestones are being met.
- Provide accurate and timely reports of project status.
- Quality review the expediting process to identify and elevate potential fabrication issues or shipment delays and direct a resolution or recovery plan.
- Consult with the supplier and the jobsite to coordinate deliveries and identify, report and resolve discrepancies.
- Quality review the final documentation to satisfy payment milestones and contract completion.
- Perform contract management post-award activities through evaluating and status contractors' productivity, schedule adherence, contract change management, invoicing and claims avoidance
- Perform closeout of contracts, finalize outstanding contract issues, issue of final modifications, invoices and coordinate completion of contractor performance evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management or a related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in project expediting.
- Experience in contract management, subcontract administration, and/or procurement experience supporting engineering and construction projects.
- Experience in managing contracts with Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Piping and E&I scopes of work
- Strong understanding of contracting principles and legal terms and conditions
- Broad understanding of the construction industry and contract language associated engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction/construction management (EPFC/CM)
- Experience in managing the Contractor pre-qualification process
- Experience in conducting commercial evaluations, including the questions and answers (Q&A) and clarifications process with bidders
- Experience in negotiating commercial terms and the final contract price with bidders
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Expert knowledge of Primavera scheduling reports and the use of material/submittal tracking software is preferred.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Superb organizational skills with strong attention to detail and negotiating skills to resolve problems.
- The ability to intuitively follow the logical flow of production and fabrication schedules and understanding the obligations involved with contracts and procurement.
- Must be team oriented with strong management skills and the ability to organize tasks and be self-motivated with little or no supervision.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.