Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
As the Recruiting Manager (RD) for our 10 restaurants in and around the Monroe, LA area, you will source and direct the hiring process of applicants for Management and Hourly positions with the local Operations team. Waffle House is a 24-hour full-service restaurant chain. This means you will need to deliver quality in a fast-paced, fun atmosphere. To be successful as a Recruiting Manager, you'll need teamwork skills and a can-do attitude. We want you to be comfortable interacting with our Operations team and customers.
***This is a Recruitment/HR role. If you are interested in restaurant operations, please visit whcareers.com***
In 1955, two Georgia neighbors opened up a restaurant that would change the world. That first restaurant opened the door to create the Waffle House brand that you see today. As this movement began to expand, new restaurants were built in Georgia as well as neighboring states, and the "Yellow Sign" soon became a familiar landmark along city streets and interstate highways across the country. Today, the Waffle House system is more than 1,900 locations in 25 states. All open 24-hours a day, seven days a week.
What you'll do:
- Successfully recruit management and hourly associate positions.
- Train, coach and motivate associates and managers.
- Effectively conduct interviewing techniques and drive positive outcomes utilizing approved company standards.
- Think ahead to a desired outcome and work in a systematic way to complete the tasks required.
- Exert influence within management team without formal supervisory authority.
What we're looking for:
- Someone with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Works well with a team.
- Strong decision-making skills and utilizes good judgment.
- Extremely high internal self-motivation.
- Analytical reasoning, creative problem solving, problem sensitivity.
- Works well with a team in fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent self-management skills and ability to effectively delegate.
- Time management, organizing and prioritizing.
- Recruiting or outside sales experience preferred.
- Ability to manage processes
Important Note: As a 24-hour full-service restaurant chain, we are open during the holidays throughout the year. Working holidays alongside our employees in the restaurant is an integral part of our culture and team-oriented environment; all senior management work holidays including our CEO! Recruiting Managers are required to assist in the restaurants on all major holidays (Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving - an additional day off is earned for each holiday worked).
COVID 19 Notice: Covid-19 Vaccination will be required before you can become a Recruiting Director. You must have received either 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and show proof after acceptance of a potential job offer and prior to beginning of employment. Subject to the Company's approval, either a medical or religious exemption request may be processed through and managed by our Group Health Department.
Compensation Target: $69,295
Compensation Range: $55,400 - $73,100 (bonus incentivized pay plan)
- Car allowance for travel is factored into salary
- Up to 100% standard vehicle maintenance expenses reimbursed
- Up to 100% work-related gas expenses reimbursed
- Up to $75 cell phone allowance per month
- Eligible for bonuses monthly based on attainable company goals
We are a strong, growing company dedicated to our Customers and Associates. We would love to have you on our team! To learn more about the Waffle House culture and our great community of employees and customers, please visit whcareers.com!
To learn more about the Waffle House culture and our great community of employees and customers, please visit
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,400.00 - $73,100.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- English (Required)
Work Location: Multiple Locations