Please scroll down, To apply
Sr. TAR Scheduler
Whiting, Indiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Jr. Turnaround Scheduler
Develop, maintain, and report unit schedules to support the turnaround department. Assist the turnaround department in meeting their six primary goals
- We safely develop & execute Turnarounds
- We cooperatively set & meet Milestones while facilitating scope development
- We integrate & align the various TA Stakeholders, both company & Contractors
- We deliver quality events, On Schedule & On Budget
- We develop & provide consistent & sustainable training to achieve the TAR goals
- With historical documentation & record keeping of our work, we successfully transfer information and knowledge
- Act as a safety leader during Turnaround activity and during normal operations.
- Point of Contact for scheduling and leveling of the assigned schedules during execution
- Assign any Primavera code structure.
- Identify, create, and maintain leveling needs in the schedule within the guidelines for turnaround department.
- Regularly audit Schedule Logs and schedules to verify all department requirements are being met.
- Work with cost analyst to match the P6 plan to the cost budget.
- Run reports through P6 to provide status reports to management.
- Build P6 Job Import Files with all resources, activity, and resource codes.
- Print the standard Gantts, review layouts, and/or reports for the planners as needed.
- Work with planners to prioritize and sequence work in preparation for integrated scheduling.
- Status activities during the maintenance phase.
- Provide Cost Analyst with exports from P6 during the turnaround reporting timeframe for cost and progress reports that cover all departments to management.
- Monitor and ensure all Discovery work is tracked and added to the scope in as timely as possible during execution.
- A minimum of 2 years scheduling experience
- Prior experience with turnaround outages in the Oil and Gas industries is preferred
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Ability to work within the Company scheduling guidelines and norms and take direction from the Sr. Scheduler.
- Basic understanding of the sequencing and prioritization of task associated with refinery equipment.
- Knowledge of turnaround methodology.
- Prior experience with critical path scheduling, work breakdown structure, critical path analyses, bar charts, and task sequencing techniques.
- Understanding of cost control and scheduling terminology and techniques.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction work practices and planning stage gate processes.
- Related Professional Certifications
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.