Software Development Manager
Walt Disney Imagineering
Orlando, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company's (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented software development managers to lead and mentor functional software development teams that develop apps, platforms, tools and technologies that enable and empower the design and development of upcoming attractions and experiences.
- Functional management of software development including mentoring, career development, strategy, resourcing, hiring and recruiting
- Software architecture leadership and strategy
- Partner with Product Managers to staff successful product teams
- Build and evolve the software development talent strategy and training efforts
- Oversee software estimation, scheduling, planning, design, implementation, and closeout activities for assigned project scope.
- Work with other software developers and software project leads to provide incremental and overall updates to status and condition of software product progress.
- Lead code review initiatives and help define department wide standards and processes
- 3+ years of functional management experience
- 8+ years of development experience with proven ability to lead projects
- Knowledge and experience with modern software development practices, including version control and workflow management tools including JIRA, Github, Gitlab, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrable technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- Familiarity and/or experience with: ShotGrid Pipeline Development, AutoDesk Maya, Motion Builder, AutoCAD Touch Designer, BIM, Unreal Engine and/or MS Visual Studio
- Proven ability to learn new programming languages and work within complicated systems.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.