English Editor (New Release) - Localization Services
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC
Burbank, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Advert / Media / Entertainment
Pixelogic Media Partners, LLC provides distribution services and technology solutions to the entertainment industry. We help studios, broadcasters and digital retailers localize and distribute their feature and episodic titles to global audiences on-time and with superior quality.
Our service offerings cover end-to-end workflows including language services such as scripting, subtitling, access services, dubbing, text and metadata localization in over 50 languages. Our technical services master and prepare this content in all distribution products including digital cinema, digital media and physical media (Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD).
To date, we serviced thousands of titles for iTunes, Google Play, YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, Movies Anywhere and others. We also authored thousands of Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD discs. Our research and development team works on cutting-edge technologies such as 4K, high dynamic range (Dolby Vision, HDR10+), artificial intelligence and machine learning, software automation and our proprietary end-to-end operating platform branded as pHelix.
Be part of building innovative solutions to service our media and entertainment clients and help us fulfill their content distribution needs. Join us if youre passionate about entertainment, innovation and customer service excellence!
Tuesday - Saturday: 11am - 7:30pm
Wednesday - Saturday 3pm - 2am
* Responsible for creation of English closed captions, SDH, English templates, Transcripts and dialogue list scripts.
* Annotate key English phrases to high quality of our translation products.
* Maintain quality standards for accuracy and speed.
* Work specified on-call schedule, in addition to regular schedule.
* Must be punctual, dependable and flexible, and possess a team attitude and willingness to adapt to last-minute changes to programming and industry.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree, preferably in English, linguistics and language study majors and/or Entertainment and Media
* Film/Broadcast Captioning and Scripting experience required
* Knowledge of professional scripting, subtitling, and audio software highly desirable
* Comfortable with computers, Microsoft Office and using different software
* Excellent reading skills, spelling/vocabulary and grammar
* Ability to handle multiple tasks while focusing on a high amount of attention to detail
* Ability to perform under pressure with changing priorities