Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech - ICU - Luling - PRN
Ochsner Health System
Luling, Louisiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Administration
We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!This job performs many clerical functions which support patient care and the department. Observes cardiac monitoring equipment, monitors the heart rhythm patterns to detect, record, and report normal and abnormal rhythms patterns, normal and abnormal EKG interval measurements and proper and improper pacemaker on defibrillator function utilizing telemetry equipment. Functions in a secondary role as a unit secretary, ensures that the medical record is in the appropriate and approved sequence, screens and refers requests from patients, family, and staff to the appropriate personnel. Maintains efficient operation of the unit and is flexible in meeting the needs of
Required - High School diploma or equivalent
Required - None.
Required - ECG certificate program or equivalent
State Certification for ECG
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of patient information.
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally to varying levels of individuals throughout the patient care process.
- Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information
- Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard
• Monitors all patients on cardiac monitor at all times.
• Ensures coverage of qualified person to monitor, during lunch, breaks, etc.
• Ensures that the medical record is in the appropriate and approved sequence.
• Ensures that the medical record contains supplies of appropriate forms, which are correctly labeled with patient information.
• Meets and greets patients, visitors, hospital employees and or office visitors in a pleasant and responsible manner, utilizing appropriate guest relations.
• Provides appropriate information and assistance to meet requests.
• Supports effective adaptation to change with system changes, practice changes, or technology changes.
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical essential functions of this job include (but are not limited to) the following: Frequently exerting 10 to 20 pounds of force to move objects; occasionally exerting up to 100 pounds of force. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you ready to make a difference at Ochsner and live our values of Patient's First, Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, & Teamwork?
Ochsner Health System endeavors to make our site accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or if you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact our HR Employee Service Center at (select option 1) or . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
Affirmative Action Policy Statement