Delta Dental of California
Oakland, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are looking for a self-starter Architect - Web App Engineering with impressive leadership skills and excellent technical chops to help us build our Next-Gen Consumer Applications Suite.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, develop and maintain responsive web applications providing awesome user experiences on desktop and mobile devices. This a hands-on leadership role to help build delightful customer experience with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance.
- Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that will drive the next generation of Delta Dental Digital Experience.
- Coach and mentor engineers in the org to build high quality, high-performance reusable components.
- Your primary focus will be architecting and designing next-generation applications and modernizing current applications, ensuring high performance and responsiveness.
- Lead the charge, communicate with customers and deliver high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
- You will work and collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team.
- Demonstrate that you ve built outstanding consumer websites from concept to launch.
- An abundant desire to achieve perfection, but also a readiness to necessarily compromise.
What we look for:
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
- 4+ years of extensive experience building production application with Node.JS.
- 5+ years of Full Stack Front-end experience. Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficient in building and consuming of Restful Web service, JSON based request-response.
- Experience building responsive Isomorphic Web Applications.
- Expert level understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
- Expert level experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Proficient with writing unit test case using any of the testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Proficiency in user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Process
- Understanding of Relational, No SQL databases.
- Experience with distributed cache like Redis.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience with Linux environment & container technology such as Docker.
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk or ELK.
- Experience with APM tool such as AppDynamics.
- Experience using CI/CD tools like Jenkins and Chef.
Shujath Ali | Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist
Desk - |- provided by Dice