Truss Designer / Timber Frame Designer
Croft, Warrington, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
We are currently recruiting for a Truss Designer to join one of the UK's leading, family owned, timber engineering companies. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful Designer will be working for the Warrington Branch - remote working is a possibility although it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to get to the offices at least twice a week. Experience of using MiTek Design Software, or similar, will be required for the role.
Truss Designer (Warrington) Position Overview
* Review architectural plans to produce detailed, accurate drawings, designs and quotations
* Liaise with architects, customers and other contractors to ensure a smooth delivery of the final product within tight timescales
* Communicate with the production team to ensure they are provided with the relevant information for manufacturing.
Truss Designer (Warrington) Position Requirements
* Prior experience in timber truss and joist design
* Familiar with specialist design software, ideally MiTek or similar (e.g. Wolf, GangNail, Alpine).
* Strong on detail and accuracy with excellent communication and project management skills, ideally with customers such as housebuilders, building contractors etc.
* HNC in Architectural Technology or Civil/Structural Engineering beneficial
* Good Maths, Graphic Communication and English skills
Truss Designer (Warrington) Position Remuneration
* Competitive salary (DOE)
* Profit related bonuses
* Remote working possible
* Company benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment