Trainee Communications Officer - London
CAFCASS. 26725.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Bloomsbury, Shropshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Government & Defence
Cafcass is recruiting for a Trainee Communications Officer to join our Communications team based in Bloomsbury.
As an organisation we support over 125,000 children and families each and every year, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, putting their needs, wishes and feelings first and ensuring their voice is heard at the heart of family court proceedings.
Cafcass is also a high-performing organisation as demonstrated by our recent 'Outstanding' rating from Ofsted, only the 4th national organisation to receive this rating and is testament to our culture of continuous improvement.
The role of Trainee Communications Officer is a newly created role within the Communications team that will allow an enthusiastic candidate the opportunity to learn and develop a broad range of skills that will enable you to grow and enhance your career.
It will provide you with exposure to internal, external and digital communications. Alongside some of your communications administrative tasks, such as managing our finances, you will be required to undertake project work to support all these areas.
The Trainee Communications Officer will also co-ordinate internal communications channels and support team's overall team planning. You'll also be asked to prepare content, including creating videos for our internal and external channels. You'll be responsible for social media monitoring and will learn how to develop and publish social media communications and online content.
Reporting to a Communication Manager, an attractive element to this role is that you will be given coaching and supported to develop your knowledge and build your skills so that you can take grow your capability and take on even more challenging work.
You will also have the chance to shadow others in the organisation to build your understanding of the important work we do at Cafcass and how the Communications team supports that work.
To be successful in the role of Trainee Communications Officer we are looking for;
- Someone that is enthusiastic, a creative self-starter with a keen interest in communications and an appetite to learn quickly and progress.
- An individual that has had some practical experience of working in a professional environment and will have strong interpersonal skills, exceptional time management and be confident and able to write for internal and external audiences.
- Someone that has an interest in Government Communications and in understanding how public organisations manage and measure their communications through the media, including social media, external partners and will their own staff.
- A person who has a keen interest in the important work Cafcass does and an understanding of the political context within which we operate.
Does this sound like you? We hope so but if you have any questions or would like to find out more about the role prior to completing our short online application process (a few basic questions, a current CV and a supporting statement) please contact Rebecca Barrett on .
We would also like to give you a flavour of the benefits you'll be eligible for should you join us:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday entitlement.
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits.
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
We hope you've decided this is a role you would like. If so, please complete our short application process to let us know of your interest in this role. We'd also like to let you know of the timescales we aiming to work to for this recruitment campaign. This will also help you know when you can expect to hear from us by.
Last date for applications: 28/08/2018
Final interview / assessment:
Interviews will take place during early September.
If you want to find out a bit more about why should consider joining us please visit our website via the button below.