Test & Inspection Operative Electronics
Barnstaple, Devon, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Our client specialises in the design, prototype and manufacture of custom wound components, electromechanical units and PCB's and this is a great opportunity to become a permanent member of their team. CQR are working closely with them to find an experienced Test / Inspection Operative to join their Electronics Test & Inspection team. The ideal applicant will have experience of working in an Electronics environment coupled with experience using standard Test Equipment; of fault finding to component level; a good eye for detail and be able to understand basic circuit diagrams. A relevant qualification such at BTEC ONC Level in Electronic Engineering would be useful but is not essential. If you have the skills and experience for this role, please read on…
About the job…
* The Test & Inspection Technician will be working as an essential part of the manufacturing team; the Test/Inspection Operative completes critical control operations to help maintain the high quality standards required.
* This is a technical role, which requires a strong safety-orientated approach, and the ability to follow detailed test specifications, and record test results both in paper and electronic form to a high degree of accuracy. It will also require the use of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), in terms of retrieving test programmes, employing the use of test rigs and the interpretation of test results.
* The inspection aspects of the job will require close attention to detail, and employing examination methods suitable for the high standards required by flight equipment.
* Some computer knowledge in terms of the use of standard Microsoft packages such as Excel and Word is also preferred. The Close inspection of Printed circuit boards, small wiring assemblies, plus some mechanical parts also form part of the role. This is a great opportunity and the right candidates could over time continue to develop their careers in electronics.
You will have...
* Proven track record of electrical safety and working competently with electrical equipment
* Should be flexible in approach, with good problem-solving skills
* Close attention to detail, both in adhering to test programmes and performing inspection operations.
* Confidence and good working knowledge of electrical/electronic principles
Experience / capabilities:
* Taking readings from test equipment and Recording test results accurately
* Educated to BTEC ONC level in a relevant discipline, or keen to undertake these qualifications on a day-release basis
* Soldering inspection in accordance with IPC 610 Class 3
* Confident in reading and conversing in English; understanding build documentation as part of customer requirements
* Experience of completing test programmes in accordance with internal documents and/or customer based schedules would be useful and experience of Inspection of Electrical/Electronic components and assemblies advantageous
* Given the nature of the activities candidates must be eligible to work on military products under the relevant jurisdiction license
* Salary information available on application
* 39 Hours a week, Monday to Thursday 8am to 5pm Friday 8am to 1pm
* Benefits include: Discounted Gym membership; Life assurance; Fresh fruit and hot drinks; Cycle to work scheme; Company share-save scheme (eligible after a qualifying period); Contributory pension scheme; 20 days holiday + Bank holidays
If you feel you have the right skills and experience for this position, please send your CV to Claire by clicking APPLY NOW or call Claire at Clear Quality Recruitment Barnstaple! Our aim is to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, religion or belief. CQR will consider all applications solely on merit