Trek Bicycle Corporation
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world's most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love, and to take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from all sources, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast. We want to turn ideas into reality.
Come, join us, and help us transform the world, the bike and have a blast while doing it!
The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to work with Trek and Electra retailers in the New York metro and southern Connecticut area to develop and strengthen partnerships in order to increase the sales of Trek, Electra and Bontrager products. This individual will maximize Trek and Electra market share utilizing the Trek Retailer Sales Program. They will build strong, long-term relationships with our retailers and ensure that our product representation in the area is consistent with Trek standards.
The ideal candidate will posses sales & business development experience, be a motivated team player and have excellent communication and computer skills. Travel is required.
- Maximize sales of Trek and Electra Bicycles and Bontrager Accessories. Establish objectives & monitor performance of dealers. Assist with forecasting, ordering, logistics & all aspects of the sales process.
- Appoint, develop & consult with retailers to maximize our position in the market.
- Provide product and sales training to Trek retailers in the territory.
- Conduct market research to understand competitive environment & identify areas of opportunity.
- Business Consultant to Trek Retailers. Make recommendations to retailers with regard to Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Provide World Class Customer Service. Build strong relationships with customers.
- Be an ambassador for the Trek brands.
- 3 + years sales experience, preferably in the cycling industry
- Must be able to travel as needed throughout assigned territory and to Trek HQ in Wisconsin
- Must have excellent relationship building skills.
- Strong Working knowledge of the Ascend Point of Sale System
- Must have good organization and follow up skills.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links:
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish