Butte, Montana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Telemetry Technician St. James Healthcare
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Telemetry Technician.
Your compassion is tangible: whether your patient is 18 or 85, they feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed hospital is the only full-service acute care facility in Butte, and were the largest hospital serving a seven-county area. Our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well honor each others dignity and surpass the standards we set. Well encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. And instead of placing blame well learn and grow together.
As a Telemetry Technician you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Review patient information to determine normal heart rhythm pattern, current pattern, and prior variances.
- Observe screen of cardiac monitor and listens for alarm to identify abnormal variation in heart rhythm.
- Inform Registered Nurse of variances to initiate examination of patient.
- Measure length and height of patient's heart rhythm pattern on graphic tape readout and posts information on patient records.
- Receive, greets, and directs patients, visitors and hospital personnel. Provides accurate responses in a friendly, timely, and courteous manner.
- Post to patient record and lab results printed off the computer.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Successful completion of EKG course or telemetry class with an RN trained in ACLS prior to end of orientation and before working independently.
- BLS required within 3 months of hire.
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
Your next move
Now that you know more about being a Telemetry Technician on our team we hope youll join us. At St. James Healthcare youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.