Technology and IT procurement Category Manager
Arborfield, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
An indirect procurement professional is needed to join this market leading business within their rapidly transforming procurement function. The ideal candidate will be looking to take their career to the next level and will bring relevant IT and/or indirect procurement experience with them to this established and highly regarded manufacturing company.
Technology and IT Procurement Category Manager Role Overview:
- Being accountable for the entirety of your categories spend. Taking the lead in sourcing the best quality suppliers, negotiating the best contracts and competently managing the supplier relationship and any associated risks for the whole contract lifecycle.
- Help the business and overall procurement function enact positive change by developing, implementing and auditing strategic procurement strategy for your category, ensuring to provide the best value for money, aligning with the companies overall strategic objectives both from a procurement standpoint and beyond.
- Ensure consistency by working regularly with senior internal stakeholders from across the business. Balancing this with effective third-party management and vendor management.
Technology and IT Procurement Category Manager Requirements:
- Experience within an indirect procurement function, preferably IT category specific. Including developing strategy, managing crucial supplier relationships and managing risk. Particularly from within a team or company experiencing significant procurement transformation and change.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the whole end to end procurement process, including contract negotiations, stakeholder management, SRM and best practises. IT procurement experience is highly preferable, including exposure to software licencing, outsourcing operations.
- Strong academic track record, MCIPS desired but not essential
- British or EU passport or holding a valid visa allowing you to live and work in the UK without any restriction
Salary: £40-48k basic + generous bonus + 4k car allowance + Opportunities for flexible working
This opportunity would be a great next step for an experienced indirect procurement professional with prior exposure to complex procurement projects looking to move into a manager role with a company where they'll have a real impact on the future of the procurement function.
To find out more information and apply, please send your CV to Rhys at
Key Skills: Procurement, Buyer, category management, senior Buyer, Indirect procurement, technology procurement, generalist procurement, generalist, Category management, category Manager, IT category, professional services procurement, strategic sourcing, SRM, category lead, risk management, CIPS, MCIPS, contract management, HR procurement, FM procurement, software procurement, negotiation, stakeholder management, South London, South England, South west, Hampshire, Surrey, Sussex, reading, Woking, Basingstoke, technology procurement, sourcing manager, Indirect Generalist, IT, Hardware, Software, HR, FM, Facilities Management, Professional Services, PS, Fleet, Indirect Procurement, Direct Procurement, Outsourcing, telecomms, HR procurement