Technical Support Engineer
High Tech Genesis
Experience Level (years): 7
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Telecommunications
Job Contact: Dave Gorman
REMOTE position with High Tech Genesis! It doesn’t get any better than this!
We are looking for a Technical Support Worker with 5 years of experience and who is
fluent in English and one of the following languages: Spanish, French, Italian or Portuguese!
- excellent analytical skills; is able to analyze a situation, apply problem solving techniques and suggest improvements;
- outstanding organizational skills; able to prioritize problems as they arise;
- finesse to deal with complex issues in a timely manner, and provide suggestions and improvements to customers along the way;
- superb oral and written communication skills are a must;
- ability to provide technical leadership and training to other team members, where and if required;
- hands-on experience to monitor and track issues to ensure accurate resolution;
- knowledge to recreate and develop long-term solutions to re-occurring issues;
- advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions;
- strong experience with network routing and switching;
- good understanding of Security, LAN/WAN topologies and technologies;
- solid understanding of L2-L7 protocols, and Unix/Linux Operating Systems;
- proficiency in Enterprise network security setups and requirements;
- comprehensive knowledge of OSI Model, TCP/IP, Network Security basics, Routing, Switching;
- outstanding analytical skills; is able to analyze a situation, apply problem solving techniques and suggest improvements;
- capability to deal with complex issues in a timely manner, and provide suggestions and improvements to customers along the way;
- familiar with Interior gateway protocols: OSPF, IS-IS, RIP, IGRP; and
- at ease with Exterior gateway protocols: BGP, EGP
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Sciences/ Electronic & Communications Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) is strongly desired
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e. possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit)
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: Accommodations are available upon request for all aspects of the hiring process.