Technical Lead - Software Engineer (Middle Tier)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Summary: The Technical Lead - Software Engineer is responsible to ensure our software engineers conform to standards while working towards appropriate, maintainable solutions. (S)he has autonomy in managing the complete life cycle of a new or modified software product; from research and design to implementation, training, and support. TFS is used for management, measurement and tracking of all projects. The Technical Lead - Software Engineer is constantly looking ahead to patterns and trends in the industry to suggest new technology solutions. While working with a variety of technologies, we consider ourselves a Microsoft-based company utilizing a 'cloud first' approach to new solutions.
Our IT team is an innovation center within the organization providing solutions for both internal customer and external customer working with leading edge with technologies like Azure, Chat Bots, Xamarin, Machine Learning, Microservices, Microsoft C# .NET, .NET Core, REST Services, Azure App Services, Azure Functions, Azure Queues, Azure SQL Server and VUE.js.
- Facilitate architecture and solution design reviews across a variety of projects and technologies
- Serve as subject matter expert on architecture, best practices, and general software development
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Software Engineers
- Look ahead to new technology trends and develop proof of concepts for internal review
- As a resource available to all in the IT departments, clear roadblocks on projects
- Design, maintain, develop, write and implement software programming applications supporting internal business requirements or external customers
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architect in standards development and training
- Writes well-designed, testable, efficient code for complex solutions
- Document and maintain software functionality include break/fix and continual improvement
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Support and/or install software applications, may include end user training and documentation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field. Master s degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years experience in primary technology stack; .NET, C# preferred
- Microsoft Solution Certifications a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible and willing to work the demands of the department which may be subject to evenings, weekends and holidays; including on-call requirements for Level 2 escalations.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922.
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family s motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.'
Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That s why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn t stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.- provided by Dice