Teacher Of The Deaf - Southwark - Long term
Remedy Education 200.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Southwark, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
Remedy Education pride ourselves on only employing first class support specialists that are passionate about making a difference to the lives of people studying higher education courses across the U.K. Due to recent demand, we are looking to galvanise our team of highly qualified and experienced specialist support staff. We are only looking for people that match the criteria listed below.
Your role: You will be a qualified teacher and able to communicate fluently/fluidly with individuals that are deaf. You also need to provide study skills support on a one to one basis with various students.
Qualifications/Training: All candidates must possess one of the following qualifications to be considered by First Class Support:
* Advisory Teacher for Deaf Students
* Advisory Teacher for Students with MultiSensory Impairments
* PGCE* and Registered Qualified BSL Interpreter
* PGCE* plus specialist qualification in relevant subject e.g. Deaf Studies, English, Linguistics, Deaf literacy specialist qualification, Deaf Awareness qualification (specific to language acquisition) etc.
* PGCE Qualifications Other teaching qualifications will be accepted at Level 4 and above, including:
* Certificate HE Teaching Toolkit
* Diploma in Education & Training (DET)
For this specific role, successful applicants will receive:
£140 - £200 per day
Ongoing training and professional development
Invitations to attend seminars hosted by guest speakers from various universities
A new DBS check
Opportunities for progression
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education today