Miller Grossbard Advisors
Houston, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
MGA is looking for a seasoned and well-rounded tax professional seeking to lead and mentor along the way. Team player. Self-starter. Enjoys being challenged. 5+ years of tax experience, as well as 5+ years of experience with CCH ProSystem Suite and Axcess, will help you succeed in this role.
Summary of Responsibilities
Performs a wide variety of diversified, complex, tasks and supervises other personnel.
- Experience with personal and corporate tax returns, including the most complex.
- Acts as a resource for staff including training.
- Ability to perform more complex tax research.
- Prepares BNA projections for more complex clients.
- Establishes good working relationships with all shareholders, principals and staff members.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, and imagination.
- Reviews all returns with the exception of those dealing with specialized issues requiring the expertise of another manager or director.
- Manages the tax planning process for less complex client situations.
- Develops a general understanding of firm philosophy and tax opinions.
- Analyzes IRS notices and drafts responses.
- Ability to delegate work to staff and supervise work.
- Reviews research projects.
- Assists staff members in client meetings.
- Reviews tax accruals and associated working papers.
- Reviews IRS notice responses prepared by other tax personnel.
- Represents clients before the IRS.
- Participates in administrative projects.
- Works with shareholders and principals to establish standards for the staff and evaluates and counsels staff members.
- Assumes the responsibility for the smooth flow of tax returns.
- Acts as key client contact for a variety of engagements. Bills and discusses fees with smaller clients.
- Acts as Principal for personal tax return clients and less complex business clients.
- Contributes to the client service team by producing quality work with quick turnaround and attentive service.
- Responsible for due date clearing and work in process scheduling.
- Exhibits time management and organization skills.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients, and cultivates referrals.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- May assists with recruitment and training of other tax department personnel.
- Develops entrepreneurial approach to client service and good working relationships with client personnel.
- Writes articles and makes presentations.
- Develops ability to cross-sell different Firm services to existing clients.
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations.
- Develops a broad general knowledge of economic, political, and business conditions.
- Completion of career development programs designed to enhance management, communication, and personal skills.
- Proficiency in use of computers and software programs.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other related program and be a candidate to sit for CPA exam.
- Advanced degree or certification - helpful.