NewWave Technologies Inc
West Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
NewWave is an information technology company helping businesses and government agencies modernize and thrive by applying the power of technology. NewWave began making a mark in the federal healthcare space in 2004, where we continue to actively modernize systems to improve healthcare s value for millions of Americans. Since then, our work has expanded across various sectors and industries, where we help our customers stay ahead of the new and make the world in which we live, better.
NewWave is looking for a Systems Engineer to design and define system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Performs systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
- Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
- Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
- Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
Identifies, analyzes, and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
- Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or the equivalent of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 2-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Experience developing and adhering best practices, to include compliance with maintenance windows and change control procedures.
- Direct experience administrating Windows Systems and/or VM Ware
- Create, administer and maintain Active Directory account and groups,
- Create, administer and maintain VMware security permissions, updates and administrative functions
- Create, administer and troubleshoot Cisco UCS technology stack.
- Comprehensive knowledge of related hardware and software.
- Experience providing assistance to users, optimizing system operations, and monitoring IT enterprise systems.
- Must be a strong independent thinker, capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Experience and knowledge of information security principles and practices.
- Experience and knowledge of security protocols and standards.
- Knowledge of AWS related issues and tasks.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be extremely facts and data oriented.
- Should be deadline and closure oriented.
- Strong persuasion, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Should be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
NewWave is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. NewWave is a proud Veteran friendly employer.
- provided by Dice