Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Systems Engineer/Developer, who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government Public Trust clearance is required for this position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working as a system engineer or full stack developer
- Experience building and configuring RHEL Management Tools including puppet
- Networking experience in the following: firewalls/routers/switch management and/or Cisco VPN, OSPF, or BGP
- Experience administering and supporting at least two of the following application services: X.509, PKI, DNS DNSSEC, LDAP, Email, LAMP, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, DB2
- COTS product installation, integration & support experience
- Experience with programming in at least two of the following languages: Bash/Java/Perl/PHP/C/C++/go/Ruby/Python
- Familiarity with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels
- Ability to create system documentation for ongoing system management
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- Working knowledge of web protocols and performance diagnostics
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum development environment, preferably as a team lead or scrum master
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience with RHEL: Satellite, libvirt/kvm virtualization, storage management, LVM, Pure Storage SAN
- Familiarity with container tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Ansible
- Networking experience with ipv4/ipv6
- Experience with Ubuntu
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a "Great Place to Work" for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a "Top Workplace" for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro