Systems Config Analyst
Leeds City, Leeds, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
ES/ Ignite meets the demand from in-house legal teams looking to outsource elements of their work. Our clients benefit from new technologies and enhanced management information to help them balance their workload and manager their risks. Ignite implementations are led by consultation which allows us to design end to end solutions and ensure effective delivery of legal services. To do this we combine the technical expertise and resources of one of the world's leading global law firms with excellence in management consultancy.
Within the ES / Ignite team we employ professional lawyers, technology experts, operational process experts, and paralegals combined together in highly effective structures and working with advanced technologies.
We embrace new working methodologies driving cost and quality improvements through our systematised case management approach. This eliminates waste whilst automating and simplifying processes.
Ignite is successful and growing. This role has a strong profile within the team and is key to our continuous development and progression. You will have the opportunity to liaise with key stakeholders to truly implement change whilst working with cutting edge technologies.
As an Configuration Analyst you will work with leading edge platforms to create solutions that meet our operational needs and clients requirements. This is a dynamic role and you will take responsibility for the design, configuration, delivery and support of these solutions.
You will be involved in the full life cycle of solution design and delivery. Beginning with the elicitation and documentation of requirements in a clear and concise way that can be understood by a non-technical audience. Following this development proto-types may be created for validation and user testing. You'll work closely with the client and our operational teams to refine the system to captures relevant information and route this to decision makers in the most efficient manner.
The role also involves managing change requests and you will be required to assess the benefit, effort and impact that these requests entail as well as working between teams to co-ordinate and priorities queued requests.
As well as working on new implementations the role also involves supporting the delivery of existing solutions, responding to ad-hoc requests and looking at ways to continuously improve how we deliver our service through opportunities brought about by new features introduced to existing platforms and the latest technology market offerings.
Skills and experience:
We are keen to speak with candidates with an Information Systems (or related) degree or have otherwise demonstrated success in a similar role. This position would be well suited to candidates who have experience of case and workflow systems. You will also have gained experience of or have a keen interest in AI and Robotics. For this post skills are being sought in the following areas:
• Requirements gathering and documentation
• Designing, configuring and deploying case management applications
• Experience with workflow and process modelling tools
• Designing on-line forms and document assembly tools
• Release and change management
• Impact assessment and regression testing
• SQL for data analysis and reporting
• Experience with a reporting tool such as MSRS or Tableau
• Knowledge / experience of legal AI applications
The successful candidate will be:
• Adaptable and flexible and be able to work without supervision
• Excellent at establishing good working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Able to make decisions with the skills to negotiate and influence
• Willing to undertake tasks not within your usual area of responsibility
• Determined and resilient, with an ability to produce quality work under pressure
• Experienced in working in an environment of regular change
• Able to effectively apply existing knowledge to meet new challenges
• Meticulous in their approach with a strong eye for detail
You will have excellent personal time management, organisation and analytical skills, combined with strong communication skills. You will need to be a self-motivated, organised team player with a client focused approach. You will be able to demonstrate your flexible "can do" attitude to work and your exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.