System Test Engineer
Technology Unlimited Group
San Diego, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Title: Systems Test Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
US Citizenship: Required
Technology Unlimited Group (TUG) seeks a self-starting System Test Engineer who will be part of a tactical data links team to support the specification, integration, and test of software intensive systems in a structured environment to meet our customer's high expectations. The effort is to provide support in updating system documentations and provide testing support for airborne communications systems. This position will be at the TUG and/or customer sites in San Diego.
You will be expected to:
- Trace system requirements from customer specifications to test cases.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the System Test Environment.
- Conduct integration and formal system tests.
- Maintain the test requirements database.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate should have 4 years' experience with a Bachelor's degree or 2 years' experience with a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Computer Science or related discipline.
Have 4 or more years' experience with:
- Tactical Data Links such as Link 11, Link 16, Link 22, JREAP.
- Systems Requirement Analysis.
- Working closely with software developers to create software test work products including test plans, test cases, test procedures, and test reports.
- Preparing software rest status reports and presents status to management and customers.
- Familiar with SEI CMM/CMMI, and military or IEEE software engineering standards and practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word including the use of type styles and templates
Successful candidate must be proficient in technical writing and oral communication skills and proven ability to work with and communicate with project team members, customers, and service representatives.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate should have in addition to the required skills, experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of C2P and Combat Systems.
- Knowledge of tactical data link MIL standards, requirements, and test in a USG lab environment.
- Knowledge with Common Data Links and/or wideband communications systems.
- Experience working with government/military personnel.
- Experience generating APIs and Tools from XML.
- Experience with DOORS or Requisite Pro requirements management software is a plus.
Must be able to obtain U.S. Secret Clearance (U.S. Citizenship). Current clearance preferred.
Technology Unlimited Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- provided by Dice