Sellafield Ltd 42952.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Sellafield, Cumbria, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: System Engineer
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Salary: £32,218 to £42,952 dependent on experience
Closing date: 10th March, 2019
Together we will be recognised for safety, efficiency and innovation.
The company are a global centre for nuclear engineering management. They pioneered the harnessing of nuclear power to generate electricity for the country. Now the world is watching as they set international standards in high-hazard reduction. In short, they are at the forefront of the industry.
They are looking to looking to recruit highly skilled System Engineers to join their Enterprise Plant Engineering Directorate who provide industry leading asset management solutions.
Role and Responsibilities:
A System Engineer oversees an assigned system area to ensure that the maintenance and operation of the system(s) are performed and managed safely, efficiently and effectively.
They are looking to recruit a number of System Engineers with varying levels of experience; your duties could include any of the following:
* Monitor and evaluate assigned system performance for example through observation, review of work logs and histories and regular walk downs to maintain awareness of current condition, performance and environmental impacts.
* Identify issues with systems and components, engaging with specialists to initiate appropriate corrective actions to achieve short and long term resolution.
* Support the development of system modifications including identification of need, system requirements and design work to enable optimal system performance.
* Modify, maintain and review the configuration of the defined system/area(s) to enable optimal system performance.
* Prepare periodic system health reports and maintain long range plans for the system/area(s) to ensure optimal asset performance.
* Represent the System Team to internal and external audiences (for example, regulators) to provide information on and recommendations to improve system performance.
* Liaise with other teams within the facility to ensure adherence to standards and the alignment of activities.
* Review and approve all design proposals, testing and installation procedures and modification reviews providing technical guidance as required to ensure effective and smooth change transitions.
* Establish asset condition and collaborate with asset management colleagues to assess and understand asset life and recommend risk management strategies to ensure appropriate asset use.
Candidate and Requirements:
They are very interested in hearing from candidates with Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering backgrounds.
* HNC/ HND/ Degree Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
* Experience in a heavily regulated Industry
* Chartered or working towards Chartership
* Nuclear experience
* Previous Sellafield experience
* Member of professional institution such as IMECHE
* Team Management experience
Please refer to the Rewards & Benefits page, within the 'Work with us' section of their website for further details on our competitive package.
You are advised to regularly check your emails (including any junk mail/spam folders) for correspondence related to this post, including assessment or interview invitations and any other type of correspondence relating to your application.
In the event of a high number of responses to any advert, they reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
In promoting equal opportunities, the company welcomes applications from all sections of the community. They select people according to their abilities and their needs. As users of the disability confident scheme, they guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers page.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Systems Engineer, Multi-Skilled Systems Engineer, Test Engineer, Systems Infrastructure Engineer, Systems Test Engineer, Systems Architect, Engineer, Systems Tester, Systems Engineer will also be considered for this role