SVP of Accounting & Development Job Description
restoration st louis
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Accounting & Development will be a strategic individual with 7-10 years of managerial accounting and financial management experience in a rapidly growing environment preferably with real estate accounting experience. You consider yourself on a CFO career track.
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations; oversee all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll and financial reporting.
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Work with other team members to understand revenue and cost drivers.
- Define and issue regular status, tracking and ad hoc reports to senior management.
- Direct operational cost controls.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the finance and accounting organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with sound real estate accounting principles.
- Providing strategic guidance around capital financing options to support company growth.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the finance and accounting organization.
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Coordinate and/or prepare tax schedules, returns and information.
- Manage relationships with insurance broker and ensure compliance.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property and other applicable taxes.
- Advise ownership on staffing, expansion and organization of department as assets are acquired or sold.
- Manage the finance and accounting organization staff - currently 9.
- Supervise annual budgeting.
- Participate in front end tax strategy of real estate transactions (historic and organize) and exit strategies.
- Manage cash flow.
- Develop and maintain relationships with lending/financial institutions.
- Other finance and administrative duties as required.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- CPA required.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing environment strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience in real estate accounting preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, and efficiently manage task and time.
- Acquisition finance experience.
- Experience with historic tax credits a plus.