SVP Corporate Strategy
Los Angeles, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
The Senior Vice President, Corporate Strategy (SVP) leads the strategy and planning function in conjunction with the Manager, Strategic Planning and realizes growth strategies that support the improvement of the business overall performance. This position is responsible for the development of strategic plans and objectives through the identification of strategic issues and opportunities that could influence business growth and profitability. The SVP has oversight for benchmarking, market analyses, industry intelligence, and development of strategic initiatives. This position oversees high priority strategic initiatives, working directly with the businesssexecutives, leaders and stakeholders across the organization. The SVP will determine both financial and business models and forecasts while assessing the viability of new business opportunities and existing operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Develops strategies that inform the marketing, financial and channel planning for the business as well as the target setting for short and long-term business plans.
- Evaluates and recommends business portfolio frameworks, strategies, practices, programs, processes, and measures to be applied across the business.
- Engages and supports the business in numerous fronts in defining and refining business strategies with a specific focus on designing and implementing new strategic approaches, ideas, and processes that will grow the business and avail measurable results.
- Evaluate initiatives' performance against targets and KPIs to determine the effectiveness of implemented strategies.
- Drive awareness and insightful analyses of the market and transaction trends as well as identifies and explores any adjacencies to the business to ascertain risks and opportunities.
- Define potential business models to realize profitability opportunities and to avail insightful qualitative analyses.
- Develop and implement strategic and analytical tools, processes, analytical models and reports to perform regular financial, competitive, performance, and market analyses to comprehensively value business opportunities for presentation to relevant leadership.
- Establish collaborative and trusting relationships with the business's key internal leaders and stakeholders to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas and information across the company, leading to suitable strategy formulation and overall business performance enhancement.
- Collaborate across the organization with top leadership, aiding in individualized strategy formulation for different projects and initiatives.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS; (The requirements that must be met to fill this position)
- Requires ten or more years working experience in strategy management
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline
- Prior experience across multiple lines of business in a Media or Entertainment environment
- Prior experience supporting strategic business development initiatives
- Exceptional and proven analytical skills
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Other Characteristics/Competencies that may be assessed during the selection process)
- Prefer MBA or Advanced Degree
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Must have a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office software
- Superior skills in building financial models
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and problem-solve with executives and department managers
- Must be available for periodic travel (post Pandemic)
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS: (Preferences but not necessary to fill job)
- Strongly prefer experience with an adverting supported business and in a diverse filmed entertainment environment