Support Worker Veterans
Smart Recruit Online Limited
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: all
Job industry: Community & Sport
Do you have experience of working with vulnerable young people? Or are you looking to change career, you may have transferable skills.
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We're lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are looking to recruit a Housing Support Worker based in Gosport Hampshire to work with Veterans for 16 hours per week, there is an opportunity for overtime. This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve assisting the Manager to develop innovative and effective practice relating to team building, service user involvement, key working and outcome monitoring as required internally and by the funders to support veterans to lead fulfilling and independent lives
The hourly rate is £8.87ph, rising to £9.09ph after successful probation review. Annual Salary £7,379.84 - £7,562.88. Work as part of the company's flexible duty rota, to include some unsociable hours at weekends, Bank Holidays and evenings
This is a great opportunity to join our enthusiastic team!
Key performance objectives
- To directly provide support for veterans so they may work toward maximising their independence.
- Work as part of a team being responsible to your Line Manager for the wellbeing of service users, all other staff and volunteers
- Collate information as required to enable accurate reporting on performance against internal/external targets and outcomes
- Ensure veterans are fully involved at all levels in the running of the project
- To hold a relevant qualification or be committed to personal development through training leading to NVQ accreditation or equivalent
- Experience of working in the supported housing sector.
- Experience of managing own professional boundaries and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation and related issues.
- Experience of working effectively with petty cash and financial procedures.
- Ability to engage with Veterans who have complex needs and challenging behaviour
- Basic admin and IT skills including word processing and the ability to input information into a database
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work well under pressure and crisis manage
- Have good interpersonal skills
- The ability to involve veterans in improving services.
- Full driving license and use of vehicle desirable
- Able to work flexibly and to occasionally work unsociable hours
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience and knowledge of key working systems
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
Winners of Investors in People Award, Two Ticks, and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Why work for us?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of the company. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this.
- Comprehensive Induction Training
- Access to award-winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Tax-free childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer