Smart Recruit Online Limited
Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Job type: all
Job industry: Community & Sport
Would you like to join an award-winning, accredited charitable organisation, who works closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life?
We are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees, and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
Our Salisbury Supported Accommodation have excellent employment opportunities. We have an exciting new service and we need more staff to work as Housing Support Workers, No experience required, if you have the right skill set we will train you. 37.5 hours per week
You will be trained to provide first class support to service users with diverse and complex needs. Through training, the successful candidates will understand the importance of structured support planning and up to date paperwork, including identifying risks.
If you are a proactive individual, with plenty of energy and motivation and possess excellent organisational skills, you should apply, maybe you have never thought of working in this field and would like a career change? Upload your CV and make that first step, you could soon be working in a fantastic team and receiving the great benefits Alabaré have to offer.
Salary, £8.87 - £9.09. Based in Salisbury Wiltshire
Key Performance Objectives:
- To provide intensive support to service users by enabling them to address their needs, maintain their license and achieve their aspirations for independent living
- This job description is generic and applies to all Intensive Housing Support Workers and needs to be person-centred. The duties will be determined by the individual needs of the service users being supported
- meets the needs of individuals from all sections of the community and is sensitive to and respectful of diversity
- is consistent with best practice and standards
- Experience of working unsupervised and on your own initiative
- Ability to form and maintain professional working relationships with a range of individuals and organisations
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good IT Skills
- Good working knowledge of the welfare benefits system
- Experience of involving service users in improving services
- Experience and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and related issues
- Ability to record information accurately, objectively and within prescribed timescales
- To currently hold or be committed to personal development through training
- Experience of forming and maintaining appropriate professional boundaries
- Experience of working in supported housing or a related field
Winners of Investors in People Award, Two Ticks, and Mindful Employer. We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
Why work for us?
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of our company. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity.
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years' service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this
- Comprehensive Induction Training
- Access to award-winning training and development - My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Tax-free childcare vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer