Support Engineer- Business Systems
Carrollton, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Engage with employees via internal ticketing system to set expectations, record time spent, and actions taken to resolve issues or respond to queries.
Triage employee issues, debug where appropriate and provide top level solutions where available.
Engage with Business Systems development team to escalate bugs, solve problems or obtain missing information.
Prepare and provide training to internal employees on operational systems. Including ongoing upkeep of internal documentation.
Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction to ensure same day resolutions and responses.
Monitor performance and responsiveness of on premise and cloud-based solutions and services.
Install, configure and maintain 32-bit applications on remote customer servers and terminals.
Provide support and maintenance to multiple web applications and solutions across different technologies and back-end architectures.
- Experience using the AWS platform (S3, ECS, EC2, SQS, RDS)
- Knowledge of Celery, Python scripting and web frameworks.
- Management of application and web servers, specifically Gunicorn and Nginx
Required Skills and Experience:
- Affinity for providing customer support with a minimum 2 years of experience in this field.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues in written and spoken English with non-technical employees across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience with support platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in large-scale web applications.
- Ability to perform Linux System Administration tasks through CLI.
- Minimum of 1 year of writing and executing SQL (Microsoft SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge and experience of using REST APIs through different forms of authentication, including OAuth. Use of Postman or Curl in a business environment desired.
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, routing and firewalls.
- Minimum of 1-year scripting experience in either Shell/BASH or Powershell.
- Minimum of 3 years of IT experience
- High school diploma / general education degree (GED). Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred.